1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Pathfinder Bestiary!!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by bigkilla, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Ok, I'm finally done converting all the Pathfinder Bestiary into d20pro. I know these ARE NOT 100 perfect but they are pretty good IMO. All the creatures from the bestiary are included including the various creatures from the Piazo adventure paths that are in HL. I DID NOT make creatures for all of the various Templates that are in HL but I did make the ones that were in the Hardback Pathfinder Bestiary. Like I said there will be some errors but I tried my best, all of the creatures should have the proper attacks, DR and Immunities, I DID NOT double check all of the skills, all the creatures should have the proper CMB. I also put Images to each creature. If you find any errors please post here so I can fix it on my side. I don't know the best way to do this, the map with all the creatures on it is 114 MB. So I will upload it to Divshare. Download Here

After having downloaded the map file import it by going to your map library, selecting import and choosing wherever you saved it and after having loaded it into d20pro, drag a box around all the creatures, right click and then select location and save creature. It will then prompt you to accept the save the creature one by one but if you hold down the spacebar it should fly through them.

Please leave comments or suggestions here on what needs to be fixed or tweaked.

Thanks Bigkilla

2. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

A big thanks for this huge work !!
    May be mindgene could include it in the next update of the program ?

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Rock on!

I will import them in the near future and check them out.

We will look into setting up a patch or an installer that is Pathfinder specific instead of 3.5 that would give you the creatures. Gotta make sure no legal miss steps are made before d20Pro can release them.

One copyrighted pic accidently in the release could cause problems.

Thanks a metric ton for entering all the beastiary creatures.

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Yeah, the issue there is that some of the images of the Monsters are taken directly from the bestiary and others are taken off the web so I'm not sure of the legality of you guys releasing them "officially" but for someone else just grabbing the map and using it there shouldn't be a issue.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

As long as it is not on our site we are good. You have it set up correctly, it is a person listing a link to his content. Since you are not selling the content all things are good.

Now d20Pro can release the creatures sans pics and just the stats of all the creatures that are OGL though.

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

I just imported them and they even all have pics, rock on!

FYI if you set the combat manevour to damage of 1d0 instead of 0d6 it will always return 0 for damage no matter of effects or other modifiered. (I plan to change the importer to default to that)

7. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Nice trick, never thought to try that.

8. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

So its been downloaded 33 times, has anyone found any blatant errors or things that need fixin?

Feedback on this would be appreciated.

9. falconner

falconner New Member

DL'd and successfully loaded it in game. Looks great!
    We'll try to make use of it when we playtest d20pro sometime this week, and I'll let you know if we find anything out of place.

10. ogexam

ogexam Member

Yes there were problems, but I cannot recall off the top of my head exactly which creatures. It was stuff like need additional attack info, DR or ER was not set up right. Stuff like that.

When I edit them do you want me to send you a list of things to fix so you can upload it? I could create a map that contains the modified creatures and email it to you to rebuild your package.

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

That would be awesome, either a list of fixes or a map.

1 thing i kind of noticed after importing everything is that monsters with multiple attacks didn't have a way to make a dingle attack I.E. 2 claws while making a move and a attack action vs. a full round action, so that is just something I am doing on the fly, adding a singe attack type as I go.

12. ogexam

ogexam Member

They can make a single attack, just select the attack instead of all of them.

normally 95% of the time they should have at least one attack with no modifiers for multiple attacks. So this should not be an issue, unless HL was fouling up thier to hits.

13. ogexam

ogexam Member

One thing I would change is the CMB should do 1d0 damage instead of 1d6, so no damage is dealt when the DM confirms a hit.

14. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Yeah I had changed most of them to 0d6 I believe and then put a minus for the damage bonus equal to their STR modifier. Din't think of the 1d0 until after i was finished.

15. ogexam

ogexam Member

ahhhh...

well with 0d6 if someone has an effect on them to give them more damage for instance inspire courage, then they will do the effect modifier damage

16. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Oh and BTW you cannot pick 0 for a die type 1 is the lowest, just found that out.

17. ogexam

ogexam Member

By the scroller that is true, but you can highlight and type in the number 0.

Now that you mention it, I do not recall seeing a bug report that you cannot set it to 0 with the tumbler... I better get that in as a bug

For now just highlight and type in a 0

18. Dragonmaster13

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but here goes. I have downloaded your bestiary and it looks great. How do you get the creatures off of it? I can get them one at a time, but is there a way to get them all at once. If there is then I must be missing something.

19. ogexam

ogexam Member

select all the creatures on the map (zoom out click upper left drag to lower right). Then right click and pick save to library.

It will then cycle through all the creatures you have selected and ask if you want them saved to the library, that does take a bunch of clicks... but you just over the mouse over and start clicking.

Hmmm, maybe we should add a "yes to all" button...

20. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Sweet!, Now I don't have to go and try and fix the .por for the ones I uploaded awhile ago, been really busy with other projects,running games,and getting ready for GenCon.