1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Pathfinder Bestiary!!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by bigkilla, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

I had that question too, and the answer/solution is posted somewhere around here.

You can click and drag to highlight all of the creatures, then right-click and select Location save creatures. It'll prompt you for each, but you can keep rapidly hitting the okay. Then they're in the database in their own group!

2. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Is there an update on this, or another place to download? the link seems down. I had to reload everything on my computer and lost all of my files. Thanks Rich

3. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

The download link seems to be working just fine for me.

Here it is again.

4. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

The Divshare servers were under maintenance when I tried to download it before, I was just to impatient to wait for the time out message saying the site was down, and to try again later. :) Thanks again.

5. MadCartographer

MadCartographer New Member

Thank you for the Bestiary 1! That's AWESOME! How goes the war with B2? <huge grin>

6. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I have petty much came to the conclusion that for a system I really do not like that much entering all of the info in would be a giant waste of my time. Its just so much easier to make a monster here or there when I go to add them into a game.

7. marathongames

marathongames New Member

Can this be reposted please? It is no longer available at that link and I would love to have the entire bestiary 1 for easy import.

Thank you.

8. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I guess I accidentally deleted it the other day when was doing some maintenance. This is not the same file but I remade the Bestiary.

9. KainPen

KainPen Member

Do you guys have an item list in the same format that i can import. looking for class, spell txt to.

10. Montis

Montis New Member

What I noticed is that many of the monsters use way to big pictures which take forever for my players to download.

Generally speaking, you should never use the PNG format, unless you have a transparency in the picture that you want too keep.
    And a size of 300x300 pixel should be more than enough, everything above that is overkill for the pictures.

11. NetherLord

NetherLord New Member

Hi,

I tried importing the 117MB map file and it first says it is a legacy file and needs to be converted. No problem there and i press ok. It then fails after a few seconds asking to increase the heap size:

Failed to convert legacy Creature.
    Map failed
    Caused by: The application has run out of memory and may now be unstable. Please exit the application, increase the java heap size, and try again. (Map failed).

I allowcated the max heap size it would allow when I first installed the D20Pro software. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

12. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Edit the D20Pro Batch file and change the memory size to a higher size.

Example:
    @echo off
    setlocal

REM By default, we locate java in the path.
    REM If you do not have a valid 32bit JRE found first in the path
    REM then update the below with a full absolute path to a javaw.exe
    set JAVA=javaw

start %JAVA% -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.dat

That should work,at least it worked for me.

13. NetherLord

NetherLord New Member

Worked

TYVM!

I have the full herolabs PF/suite also (all add on's purchased) so if you go forward with your second conversion I can help out. I'll probably also start doing the 2nd and 3rd Bestiary's also since I am seriously considering buying D20pro. (On a trial at the moment)

14. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Would it be legal to incorporate the Bestary functionality into the Marketplace Rules set? I'm not sure if it would violate IP?

Kizan

15. ogexam

ogexam Member

The big issue is pics of the creatures and not the creature stats though.

If they are completely devoid of images then I do not think it would be a problem.

16. Montis

Montis New Member

Or it would probably cost something if they took the pictures from Paizo's Bestiary.

17. BoomerET

BoomerET New Member

I have all the PF modules for HL as well, so would love to help. (and most of the PDF's as well, since I'm slowly trying to match HL and PF)

One of my questions however, is if I have the data in HL for all 3 of the bestiaries, what exactly does that mean?

I'm new to d20Pro as well as HL. It's not as simple as going into a menu and selecting the monster I want, and exporting the data is it?

BoomerET

18. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

That is the first step.

Then you need to import them into D20Pro and from that point on it depends on how accurate and or functional you want the token to be in game.

Some of the more complex creatures such as the bigger demons/angels and dragons have taken me over 1 hour a piece to make them to my liking. I like for all of the skills and attacks to be accurate (most are not when imported). Also some creatures with spell casting abilities the spells do not transfer over. Most of their SP or SU abilities do not transfer over and if they do they have no effects, you need to build the effects in, and then for some things there is simply no way to do the effects in D20Pro.

IMO it is a major task to do them well, but a very simple one to just import them to D20Pro.

19. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

I'm getting the same "out of memory" error. I've edited the d20pro.bat (and d20Pro-64.bat even though it's not a 64 bit system), I've tried 1024m and 1536m. Neither has worked. I also note that inside the program at Options->General->Advanced->Upper Memory Limit the number remains 989.99M no matter what I change the bat file to, I'm not sure if that's supposed to change or not but since it's the only thing that shows any memory info I thought I'd mention it. I'm using ver. 3.2.0 on Windows XP with Java 7u4 in case that's important to know.

20. Dan

Dan Member

The problem, I think, is in the PNG files used to create the image tokens. Some are quite large, and few are square. If anyone wants to convert them to JPG and do some cropping, it would help.