1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Concentration Checks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

I can't seem to find it, I recall seeing one in the skills selection but it was always wrong.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

it is in the skill section should be 3 of them listed one for each mental ability score, you will have to put rank into = to character level for the number to be correct. this is due to D20 be compatible with 3.x D&D and the original bases d20pro system. when it was an actual skill you had to put skill points into it. Instead of moving it some where else and making new code, just for pathfinder I think it was just easier for the devs to leave it there. For people that cast defensively I add it as a at will ability that add +4 to the skill. this also put in the log that they are actual casting defensively. If it is pointing to wrong ablity score or your only see 1 option Con you have the 3.x rules loaded in to the system. you will have to download the pathfinder rule set from the store it is free and then install it from download section, or you can go and manual edit the txt files.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly what KainPen said, and here's the breakdown:

The Pathfinder ruleset includes the following:

skills.txt
    Code:
    Concentration (CHA)|CHA|Other
    Concentration (INT)|INT|Other
    Concentration (WIS)|WIS|Other
    Rules
    Code:
    When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type.
    Thus, inside the character sheet, under the skills tab, we make sure to select the proper type of Concentration check we need, Such as with Wizards it would be with INT. Next we would increase the skill ranks to equal the caster level, then we're all set :)