1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Content Library trees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David, Nov 6, 2017.

1. David

David New Member

Is there any way to configure d20pro to accommodate folders/trees in the Content Library?

The real question: How to best organize my campaign so it is easily accessible. I am trying to figure out how to organize my campaign so it is easy to find what I need when I need it. I am building a campaign that I plan to cover level 1 to 20 (D&D) with all of the exploration that will go along with it. So the party will go to dozens of towns, tons of dungeons, meet scores of people.
    For instance: It would be nice if I had a folder, in the Map Library, that had the town New Finnish and all the associated maps to go along with it. In that folder is the map of New Finnish plus sub folders for each of the different buildings found there. Each of those sub folders has the map for the respective building.
    I would also have folders (and subfolders) for all the other towns that the players go to throughout the campaign.
    The towns/locales would also each have corresponding folders for all the residence in the Creature Library.

The only way I can see to do it now would be to name each map/NPC/etc beginning with the name of the town/locale; ie NewFinnish_Map, NewFinnish_Bar, etc. At least that way you can put them in alpha order.

2. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Not sure this is the correct answer as I am doing the same thing and wanted to try something in a test campaign. I was able create the files and folders I wanted

D20PRO\judge\campaigns\ [CAMPAIGN] \res\CTR

Under here I created folders and sub folders for different items. I think maps are kept in a different location but under RES

Then it wont show up until you go into the judge option menu and there is a button Refresh Resources and then they show up to pick from.

If I missed anything or got anything wrong, Krilion_GD, please correct me.

Attached Files:

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Nope, you got it right :)

/root/install/judge/campaigns/yourcampaigname/res/

the following subfolders can be organized with their own subfolders anyway you like

/CTR/ (creatures/people/tokens)
    /FLR/ (maps. tiles, dungeon dressing)
    /ITEM/ (items, things)

As an example, here is my CTR folder.

upload_2017-11-8_7-26-37.png

here is a classic PF game with the monsters subfolder under /CTR/ broken out by monster type.

upload_2017-11-8_7-28-20.png

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Now, one thing is extremely important!!

If you already have images assigned to the token, and you rename, move/change the associated tokens image; it will break that tokens image association and all your affected tokens will show the
    generic ? image.

So, save yourself a lot of tylonal and define your directory structure before you assign images to tokens :)

5. David

David New Member

Thank you both for the help.

6. Zandu

Zandu New Member

Thanks for this tip about refreshing the resources. I had moved some items and had the good old Locked icon showing up for missing pictures. It was driving me crazy. No more problems. Thanks a lot!

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

no problem, happy to serve..