1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creating an illusion using layered tile over map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drahcirdam, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Drahcirdam

Drahcirdam New Member

I have tried to search this question to see if it has been asked and answered.

I have a room in a dungeon (say 10X8 squares) that when first entered looks like a clean well maintained space. However, this is an illusion. Once interacted with the characters can "disbelieve" the illusion and see the wreck of a room underneath. I watch the video on D20Pro website which shows a character walking over an illusionary bridge and with a click of the mouse the bridge disappears.

My question is simple. How does that work? Is there a tutorial somewhere that I can use to learn this? Help, this one is driving me crazy. It clearly will do it.

A link to the answer will be just fine. Thank you.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

They are using a floating tile for that effect, which is just an unlocked tile layer. I am not near my personal PC ATM, but you would need to build a room tile to land over the actual map area. When the players "disbelieve" the illusion, you just delete or move the tile, revealing the actual room state. You are basically "Force-Painting" a tile over the map.

Here is the page on the User Manual that refers to it: http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGMDrawTools.php

I am sure someone else will be able to post a detailed step by step before I am able.

I have used this for secret doors and also using it for Ship to Ship Combat, since you can make the tiles sticky for holding creatures, so they move with the tile.

Good luck in your endeavor.

3. Drahcirdam

Drahcirdam New Member

Perfect. Your help has been greatly appreciated! I read the information provided at the link and all worked great. My illusion is complete.