1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Status Icons (COMING SOON!)

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Dan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Our next build will include creature status icons. These icons will be selectable via a right-click menu. These icons are all 32x32 and contained in a status.zip file which should be placed in your d20pro\judge\campaign\______\res\ManuallySpecified folder.

Here is a preview of the icons.

Basically, any files you have in the zip will show up in the menu using names that reflect the file names. This allows you to completely tailor your status icons on creatures! If you would like other icons made, please reply and we will see what we can do. What's better though, is that I'm attaching my Photoshop file (PSD) to this post so that you can download the original file and make your own!!

SO have at it, start making icons, post them here, and keep an eye out for our next release coming soon!

Attached Files:

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

My question is, is there any way for me to rename the icons or change the images myself? I have tried extracting the images in the status zip folder and renaming them and then rezipping them to a zip called status but it does not work.

So is ther a way for us to do it or is that something that only can be done on your end?

3. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

We've definitely created this so that you can edit and add icons on your end to make it easier to game with various rule systems. When you do what you describe what exactly is not working? Are the changes not reflected or is the issue more serious?

4. Dan

Dan Member

It should be working. You simply rename or replace the files in the zip folder and they show up in the right-click menu. Make sure that you edit the status.zip file that's in the right campaign folder.

I should clarify though: These icons will work in version 2.3, so make sure you've updated yours. The file goes in your d20pro\judge\campaign\______\res\ManuallySpecified folder

Also, you will need to either refresh your resources (Options > Judge) or restart the program.

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I got it to work. Originally i made a new zip folder names status and added my new icons to that one and it did not work. So I then just added the icons to the existing zip folder named status and it worked fine.

6. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

Are you going to post your new status markers ?

7. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

They are just the existing status markers. All I did was go through and make sure there was one for all the conditions. I just used the same old condition markers that were already there and changed some of the names around for ones that were not ingame conditions. Some of the images have 3 or 4 clones with just different names. They are nothing special.

Bleed
    Blinded
    Broken
    Confused
    Cowering
    Dazed
    Dazzled
    Dead
    Deafened
    Disabled
    Dying
    Energy Drained Entangled
    Exhausted
    Fascinated
    Fatigued
    Flat-Footed
    Frightened
    Grappled
    Helpless
    Incorporeal
    Invisible
    Nauseated Panicked
    Paralyzed
    Petrified
    Pinned
    Prone
    Shaken
    Sickened
    Stable
    Staggered
    Stunned
    Unconscious

8. Dragonmaster13

Could you post the status zip file that you have. I have updated with the core update and there is no status zip file in my files.

9. Dan

Dan Member

Here you go!

Attached Files:

10. neofax

neofax New Member

You could probably see if AidyBaby over on RPTools is willing to allow you to use his status icons. They are really nice as they have Spell icons, Resists, Modifiers, Vulnerable...

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

One thing that I have noticed is that if you have a lot of status icons they do not all show up in the list in game, there is a limit on how many are displayed on the screen at 1 time.

12. Dan

Dan Member

Yep, known bug. It's being fixed right now and will be out soon!