1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Current State Not Saving?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by LeJerque, Feb 7, 2010.

1. LeJerque

LeJerque New Member

Hello, all --

My thanks in advance to the d20 Pro team. My group and I recently switched to your software after endless hassles with our last tabletop program. I've been running a game on a trial license for the last two weeks, and we're all agreed that we'll be buying up Judge/Player licenses when it runs out.

I seem to be having a problem, however, with my game state not being saved between sessions. This is the second week in a row where I have launched d20 Pro to set up for the day's game, only to find that all of my open maps (complete with placed characters, items, etc) have closed, and I've lost our in-progress layouts. Last time I was able to recreate most of what had been lost by reading the game log (which does stay up to date), but I'd hate to end a session in the middle of a pitched battle, for example, and come back next week to find that we can't figure out where all the NPCs and items and such were located, who had how many HP left, etc.

I read that d20 Pro is supposed to save your current state upon quitting, and I have been using the quicksave function often, just in case -- but is there something I'm supposed to do to restore the previous state? Is there a "load game" option I haven't found? Please help!

Thank you very much for an otherwise fantastic product.

2. Dan

Dan Member

We haven't heard of this problem yet, and I've just tested things on my machine and the state is automatically saved. If you could, give us the basic specs of your machine:

Operating system
    Memory
    Java version
    d20pro version

Also, try installing another copy of d20pro into a new folder and test that one to see if things work. Any other information you can give us as to the details of the problem or circumstances around it will help us diagnose your issue better.

Thanks!

3. LeJerque

LeJerque New Member

My OS is Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2.

I have 6GB of RAM.

Java Version: 1.6.0_17 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

d20 Pro version is 2.0.3.

Interestingly enough, I just started back up and the map I'd been working on *was* still there. Perhaps the problem is sporadic.