1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20pro and Infrno integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonlady, Dec 2, 2010.

1. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

How exactly will this be implemented?

Infrno is an interesting concept to get players and games together online. I understand that d20pro has signed agreements to integrate the two programs/concepts together to provide a better overall experience for gamers in the community.

I was wondering how this would look from the d20pro users point of view. What does it add to our program and experience?

Thanks
    Robyn

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Exactly what I was wondering, the Infrno stuff looks interesting but with me already having d20pro it looks a little pointless to me seeing as they are going to go to a pay to use model as soon as it gets out of Beta. Since Infrno is basically a VTT with built in chat and video functions, how will they integrate D20pro into their system and then does that mean to use d20pro with Infrno i would have to pay?

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met dragonlady, bigkilla,

d20Pro is partnering with Infrno to provide their community with an alternative VTT. Infrno games configured for d20Pro will provide a "Join Game" link that will launch d20Pro in Player mode and automatically attempt to connect to the Judge's game. No direct entry of username, IP, port, and password required. Note: Infrno gamers who wish to take advantage of this option will also need a d20Pro license (or use the Guest license if the Judge is kind enough to provide enough Guest slots).

For d20Pro users not on Infrno things will be business as usual. This partnership only adds possibilities; it takes nothing away. :D