1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro Unlimited Software Roadmap

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by thraxxis, Apr 5, 2014.

1. KennethJordan

KennethJordan New Member

I've just got one question to answer all my further questions. Is their an email mailing list I can be on to receive notification when the kickstarter launches? :) I don't want to miss it lol.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met KennethJordan,

Aye, by popular demand we'll be adding a way to get on the mailing list directly from d20Pro.com shortly. I'll post here again when it's ready. :)

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

Some of you may be familiar with Trello, a wonderful web app for keeping track of all kinds of things. I have moved the Software Roadmap to Trello where it will be much easier to track the state of the various features and their details.

I made the d20Pro Unlimited Software Roadmap Board on Trello public, please have a look:
    https://trello.com/b/aD0o0Too/d20pro-unlimited-software-roadmap

The features are represented by Cards in Trello and all Cards organized by lists for each release, same as above at the start of this thread. You can click on each Card to view its further details.

Your feedback in Trello is welcome and encouraged! It's free to sign up for if you need an account. Just PM me your Trello username and I will add you to the Board and then you'll be able to comment directly on the Cards.

There will still be plenty of conversations here on the forums. But please look to Trello for the up-to-date state of d20Pro Unlimited. Hope you all dig Trello too. Let me know what you think.

4. DarKPenguiN

DarKPenguiN New Member

First off, allow me to say that D20Pro is some fantastic software. I have been researching VTT's for the past few days (from morning until dark) and this one was the best of the lot for what I need.- Hands down...

I LOVE the new Fow of War as seen on the demo (I HATE the fog of war currently in the game btw...At least I finally figured it out but...) and although I just purchased D20Pro today I am excited for the new version.

I have a couple questions though-

Is this a "new" version (as in an entirely new piece of software) or an expansion/addition to the version I just bought? I will be honest, I was worried about this while making my decision because I got the prices mixed up and thought D20 pro was going to cost me over $100 and I didnt want my software to be obsolete this year or next- However, when I actually bought D20pro, I felt stupid since the price was an unheard of $30 (which made my concerns kind of foolish- But I didnt know...) and I would be fine having to buy new software so long as my Maps and hard Work (not necessarily my bestiary and whatever) are not lost- In other words, if I spend a ton of time on my Campaign, I want to make sure my maps and such will work on the new system without having to be a programmer or mess with code.

I am also still curious if this is an expansion or entirely new product- Not that it matters really, but I am still interested.

Since I am a noob and not even fully certain what D20pro is capable of in its current form- I only thought of 1 thing I would like to see.

I think there should be a spot on the monster/npc sheets for 2 pictures. One to represent their token and one for a "headshot" or identifying photo. These "headshots" should be used next to the chat (when they are speaking) or if a player mouses over the Token. The token would be used to represent the piece on the board.

-It no big deal but in a game where I am running many NPCs and such- I can see it may get confusing having to remember "names" on the chat rather than a photo for quick reference that the players see everything I "chat" from the NPC or whatever.

-Thanks for making this awesome software.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

In our first d20Pro Unlimited version will restore the easy fog of war mode. So rest assured that this is being addressed. Both the complex Fog of War for published adventures and basic Fog of War for on-the-fly DMing will be supported.

d20Pro is made by gamers for gamers, and thus, we have a lower than industry standard price point. It has been true that all version upgrades have been free in the past, and that most of the programming-hours have been worked gratis, that we may have to charge for upgrades in the future (upgrades would be less expensive than standard if we go that route). Also, many of our customers even buy extra "player" slots just because they want to contribute to future development. Even I purchased GM+8 at normal price to help fund development.

From v3.3.4 to Unlimited (2014.0~2015) will not change assets such as images, creatures, maps, etc. Basically, everything you have created in v3.3.4 will be usable in Unlimited.

I can see this when using top-down tokens, instead of profile token. And since about half of our user base use top-down this would make a fine feature request. Please post your feature request for peer-review https://trello.com/b/aD0o0Too/d20pro-unlimited-software-roadmap or in our feature development forums http://forums.d20pro.com/viewforum.php?f=16

6. DarKPenguiN

DarKPenguiN New Member

Thanks for the reply =)

I also would like to let you know that some of my issues with the Fog Of War were probably Java related- I could never just 'draw' an area out because everytime I closed the tool tip it rendered the drawing tool unusable. I found out (on accident) if I leave the tooltip open I suddenly have the ability to draw the areas I want without having to use the 'shapes' (hope that makes sense)- Anyhow, now that I have the ability to draw out a room its super easy and probably just as good (or better) than the transparent grey area where the DM would 'cut out sections'- Its actually great now that I can use it properly.

-Anyhow, I am totally loving this program. I can already see its going to save a ton of time (over the long haul) and make dungeon exploration a blast even in a tabletop setting running 2 computers.

Cant wait to see what yo u guys do- Out of all the programs I tried, this was the best- Hands down.

-Thanks again.