1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

DR in 5e?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Dan, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Dan

Dan Member

I've noticed that the 5e setup changed the way the character sheet works so that there's only ER and no DR. I see that slashing, bludgeoning, silver, adamantine, etc are now rolled into the ER and that the options are Resistance, Immunity, and Vulnerability. However, these don't seem to work.

I tested with a creature that had Resistance to bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing. Blunt attacks did regular damage. Piercing and slashing (and combinations of) did half. Piercing & Magic did half... Likewise, I set up a skeleton with Bludgeoning Vulnerability and it had no additional effect when hit by bludgeoning weapons.

So how would we set up the following:
    • A skeleton with Bludgeoning Vulnerability
    • A lich with immunity bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-magical weapons
    • A werewolf with immunity to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-silvered weapons
    • A flesh golem with immunity to Bludgeoning, Piercing, And Slashing From Nonmagical weapons that aren't Adamantine
    • A specter with resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and slashing from Nonmagical weapons

2. Dan

Dan Member

Also, how would we set up DR 3 from the heavy armor mastery?

And how do we set up barbarian rage resistances?

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

double check that you used 'or' rather than 'and'.
    Bludgeoning or slashing or piercing != Bludgeoning and slashing and piercing

4. Dan

Dan Member

I don't think you follow: the 5e campaign doesn't have a DR section - only ER. There is no option do to AND or anything. It's only ER. No DR 3 or Resistance Silver OR Magic possible

5e-dr.png.PNG

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

in 5E

upload_2017-7-27_15-46-5.png

upload_2017-7-27_15-47-29.png

upload_2017-7-27_15-48-31.png

yup, looks like a bug.

thought from the Release Notes it looks like this is not quite complete yet.

### *** Known Issues ***
    * 5e resistances for physical attacks is not quite right yet -- soon!

I'd assume this implies that Vulnerabilities and Immunites are off as well.

#5 Wesley Gorby, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  6. Dan

Dan Member

Ok. One thing that shouldn't be forgotten: DR is still in 5e, though rare. Most creatures have damage resistances (like skeletons) but you CAN have DR 3/-- with Heavy Armor Mastery. As they move forward with that, it should still be an option (which isn't now since the whole DR window is gone).

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Ack. I try to keep all the rules in check, but that was missed by myself and the team. DR technically still exits but we hid the UI. So that should be a fairly each fix once I find a place to put the Death saves... if only we had new character sheet systems in place already!

My kingdom for a new UI!

8. Dan

Dan Member

Let me know if you guys need any help. I'm not a coder, but I did a bulk of the original d20pro UI. I might have some of the old files around here somewhere. I can also help playtest.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Daniel,

thanks, we should meet on Discord and chat..
    I am sure, more solid testers would be a good thing for everyone.