1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Eberron 4e

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Teh Bagder, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I'm about to start running a trial of d20Pro for 4e for my F2F group. We're going to be playing Eberron, and I'm currently building the introductory adventure in the 4e Eberron Guide in d20Pro. I'm sure it's going to be a great success with the guys. I'm using the downloadable high quality maps from WOTC for the maps files, although I have to modify in a graphics a few of them to clear out markers for creatures. I'll post a zip file containing the files (maps, creatures etc) as soon as I can. I'm scanning in pics of the various monsters so that I can attach them to the creature files.

If everything goes well, I'm going to be using d20Pro to run an online 4e game as well. I've looked at other tools, but d20Pro runs on a Mac and doesn't have me worry about doing too much work to get running. So far, so good :)

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

That would be awesome if you post up your exported maps for the adventure you are going to run.

The more each of us do this the more our community resources grow.

Though remember you cannot directly attack anything that is copyrighted material. see http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9

If you put the files up in divshare, dropbox or other file sharing then put a link then that keeps d20Pros nose clean. We do not want to rouse the anger of any content owners, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your due diligence in the matter.

3. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Absolutely.

These maps are all freely available on Wizard's site to download, although I'm not sure what explicit licensing they have for those. They don't make it easy to find that information...

4. Dan

Dan Member

If they are available for free and for the public on WotC's website, I don't see where it should be a problem posting them here.

5. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Unfortunately the same can't be said for the monster portraits. Even with a DDI subscription there's no images to go with entries in the Compendium, which means scanning in artwork, or using alternative fan-made open content.

6. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I've got the first two encounters for the intro adventure in the Eberron Campaign Guide put together, and I'm going to be running it tomorrow. I've exported the maps, and put together a document detailing some of the hacks I have to do to get it to run. I'll be giving it a run tomorrow and based on that, I'll update these encounters and then upload them to an external site so others can access them. As the group plays, I'll add more and more encounters to the archive file so that I can test these before releasing them.

Wish me luck!

7. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Good luck Brother Badger!

If you can take some screen shots of your game and post them, very cool...

I use screen hunter (a free download) for all of my screen shots.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

8. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Thanks! I was planning to take some screens. The beauty of playing on a Mac is I just need to hit a simple key combo. As we're playing on a big screen, I can capture my GM screen AND the player screen independently.

I'm having to tweak a 4e import. Seems that the Warlock Powers aren't put into Attacks. The character has no weapons listed in inventory, and so no Attacks at all so I wonder if this stopped any of the Powers being imported into Attacks. The other characters imported just fine.

9. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

And I was so into the game tonight that I forgot to take screen shots...

However, the game was a resounding success, and we all had a good time playing, even though we were getting used to d20Pro. We had it running on my laptop, which was also connected up to a HDTV so everyone could see. Two of the guys also had their laptops, so they connected and controlled their own characters in game.

So.. yes, I'm buying a GM license and a bunch of guest licenses. One of the guys already bought his player license, even before I had got there. So, two new customers at least :) Looks like I'll be running a couple of online games as well.

I'm going to tweak the Eberron maps I made and upload them in the next day or so for others to look at and use.

10. ogexam

ogexam Member

Using Herolab 4e, or DDI?
    Give him a wand and have him holding the wand and then you should have the powers listed in attacks.

11. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

DDI. That was exactly the problem. The player had forgotten to add the wand to equipment and equip it before I imported it. All the players jumped a level, so that will be corrected in for the next import :)

12. ogexam

ogexam Member

Awesome, glad that fixed it.

13. Dan

Dan Member

Yep, if importing from DDI, just make sure he/she has weapons and/or implements equipped.

Also, you might be interested in this post:
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=88

It has over 2600 creature portraits, among other things.

14. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Already picked up and imported :)

15. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I'm currently cleaning up the maps I used for the 4e adventure and will be posting them off-forum hopefully over the weekend.