1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Edit Creature pulls up wrong creature

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by billolmesdahl, Aug 21, 2017.

1. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

Several times now I've been trying to edit a creature on a map and the program opens a different creature stat sheet. Closing it and trying to open it again just brings up the same wrong creature. Deleting the creature from the map and pulling a new copy in seems to fix it, but it's just odd.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Sounds like the old UIN (Unique Identification Number) bug. One way to resolve that is to regenerate the UIN.

Right click on the creature and select Alter > Team
    UID 1.png

Then on the decision box that comes up, check "Regenerate UIN" and click "OK"
    uid 2.png

Hope that helps.

3. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

This continues to happen to me in 3.7.3.

When I copy creatures, it seems like at least half the time when you go into the new creature (edit or double click), it’s some random other creature.

Also when I drag a creature onto the map, I find I can’t take it out of initiative or change the visibility. I end up having to delete it and drag another over until I get lucky and get one which works.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Close All open maps.
    Clear all passive tokens
    Open the affected map.
    Remove all tokens from the map.
    Save and Close the map.
    Reapply tokens to map.

Should square things up, though it is a bit drastic..
    I'd try the teams UIN reassign with only that one map open first