1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effects library

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by UndeadDan, Oct 17, 2017.

1. UndeadDan

UndeadDan New Member

In the days before the flow editor for game effects, it was possible to give an effect a name and recall it later. I see no allowance for this now. Has this extremely useful feature been eliminated or is it hidden behind an arcane button/menu combination?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

It hasn't been eliminated, just subsumed by the features library mechanics (how you access it and use it have changed).
    Create a Trait or Feature, name it whatever you want, use it over and over again.

3. UndeadDan

UndeadDan New Member

Is there some sort of documentation on how to use this? I can create game effects all day long but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to retrieve them.

Please help. We used the effects library all the time and now it's entirely unintuitive and useless without documentation or a tutorial of some sort.

4. UndeadDan

UndeadDan New Member

So I created a simple spell 'Mage Armor' and was able to figure out how to recall it but whenever I cast it, the application locks up. Really, any help would be appreciated.

5. Krilion_GD

Staff Member

6. Krilion_GD

Staff Member

if you upload the spell (exported) or post a screen shot of the FLOW window, we'd be happy to take a look for you

7. UndeadDan

UndeadDan New Member

I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is now that I have some reference materials. But I'll take you up on that if I get stuck.
    Thanks for the super quick and helpful reply!