1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Exporting Maps Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caraldur, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

Hello everyone,

I've been getting an export error every time I try to export maps from a campaign. Apparently, this error is caused by images that I am using for creatures. Is there another way around this problem besides removing the images from the creatures?

I find it very annoying that I can't export any maps that have pathfinder bestiary creatures and now I see I can't export maps with creatures using images that are free from the marketplace. I work on my campaign on different computers and I'm unable to export a maps that have protected assets. The only way around it is to copy the entire campaign folder to the new computer. When the campaign is small this really isn't a big deal but when your campaign is pushing 1 gig it becomes a pain in the butt.

I understand protecting assets, but perhaps there is another way to handle this issue. Maybe allow the exporting of maps but tie the exported map or assets to the license of D20pro. When importing check the license of the asset and d20pro; if they match allow the import. If not throw a message about not having the right license. That is just my two cents for what its worth. :)

-Fred

Log file error message
    HTML:
    [08 Sep 2016 10:12:07,081] ERROR  ExportSelectedTask        | Failed to export
    com.sengent.common.control.exception.UserVisibleException: Prevented export of encrypted Asset in category: CTR
        at com.mindgene.res.server.RESServerImpl.exportCategoryEntitiesToDirectory(RESServerImpl.java:556)
        at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.ExportSelectedTask.exportSelectedToGlavBall(ExportSelectedTask.java:192)
        at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.ExportSelectedTask.exportToFile(ExportSelectedTask.java:156)
        at com.mindgene.d20.dm.console.ExportSelectedTask.work(ExportSelectedTask.java:118)
        at com.mindgene.d20.laf.BlockerControl.run(BlockerControl.java:224)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.safeRun(SafeThread.java:187)
        at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.run(SafeThread.java:195)

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The solution to this is to use the Campaign Override feature, effectively hosting your campaign files on a NAS, network drive or cloud service.. then you can access that campaign from any machine you like..

We do this here at my house, so my wife and I can access our games to work on them from any of the 5 machines in the house..

for more on how to do this please wee Wiki Campaign Override

another alternative would be to use a thumb drive, usb stick or microsd drive for storage.

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

if you have questions, just let me know...

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Seems like good logic at first, but the goal is to allow people to easily create and share things.. the current model allows that, just not with copy protected material.. where as doing it in a model such as you suggest, would effectively kill that altogether (save for the original owner).. tho it would be easier on the single person moving things from machine to machine..

5. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

Yeah, I see the problem with that approach. I'm working on some data entry for the team and I can't export any of the maps I have finished, because of the free images from the marketplace and some of the bestiary creatures I have added to the maps. :(

-Fred

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yeah for what you are doing in that case you'll wanna zip the whole campaign folder and send it to Joe.