1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Facing Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Midhir, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Midhir

Midhir New Member

So it appears that the facing option is a little bugged. When rotating the facing it works until you are facing NORTH (straight up). The indicator points in the right direction but when using a top down token that is set to rotate along with the facing indicator it faces SOUTH (straight down) in this position.

2. Midhir

Midhir New Member

Bueller, bueller, bueller?

3. Midhir

Midhir New Member

Disregard my post. Not that it appears anyone at d20pro is paying attention anyways. It still doesn't work, but it won't effect me, moving my campaign to Roll20, they already have dynamic lighting with walls and token sizing that isn't bound to the grid.

Just a note, if you are trying to make a business out of selling a product, you really should have better customer service. One thing for a dev to take his sweet time to answer a bug report when it's freeware, but paying customers should at least get "we will look into it" post.

4. ChrisRevocateur

I'm not a developer, just an avid user.

I honestly don't understand what your bug is that you're reporting here. I mean, I get that it has to do with facing, but the essential meaning I got from your words are "When the facing arrow is pointed North, it's pointed South."

Also, you expect a response immediately, or within a day? The developers don't even usually come onto the forums, they have a board moderator for that, and he doesn't get on here every day. Software companies I've bought from have usually taken 2-3 days to respond to my questions, and that seems to me to be about average. You're being impatient.

But honestly, the main thing is that your bug report isn't comprehensible. What do you mean? What is it doing?

5. Midhir

Midhir New Member

Using a top down token and the facing indicator built into d20Pro (the arrowish icon that displays showing which direction a token is facing) if the token is rotated to face in a Northerly direction the built in facing indicator arrow faces North but the icon image reverts to facing South. So the token image is facing in the opposite direction of where it should be facing. Also I have the flip image option on as the top down token when imported is facing in the opposite direction.

All other facing directions appear to work as expected. Only the Up or North direction is bugged.

Most software companies I have worked with at least acknowledge a problem in less then 24 hrs as have several other VTT companies I have worked with in the past.

6. ChrisRevocateur

The main developer has been out for a few months thanks to some big changes in his life, but he's coming back. Right now the developers are working on a HUGE upgrade to the d20Pro program that is planned currently (based on the news I've heard, I'm not in their inner circle by any means) for a GenCon release. As they're concentrating on that, I wouldn't expect much in bug fixes or development of the current iteration. Though if it's a really simple fix, they've been known to do quick version updates.

They've tried in the past to communicate with their customers that this isn't currently their day jobs, so they aren't gonna be able to respond with the same kind of celerity that a dedicated company can and does. These communications are spread around announcements and posts in the forums, so it's not exactly something that newer customers are gonna know. I'd have to say that it would be good if they could find a way to communicate that to their new customers better.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Midhir,

Thank you for posting the issue, I was able to reproduce it and it is now being tracked. I do apologize for the long delay in a response as I was on vacation. For speedy response times, please use our email or contact page to send an email to contact (at) d20pro (dot) com.

8. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

eeewww eeww I want some coins, oh please.. can I get some coins.. my life would be complete with fifacoins... gosh how have I ever done without fifacoins?
    :eek:

9. thesmitter

thesmitter New Member

Not to add to the drama but I also noticed the facing issue. It seems to be that the north and south facing are the same graphic. Any way not a big deal.