1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to write map image: [Restart=Fix]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nullcron, Feb 22, 2012.

1. nullcron

nullcron New Member

After upgrading to version 3.1.0,
    As I create or copy from clipboard, I can not make maps anymore.

Failed to write map image: Failed to import FLR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: Joe/Dagger Falls3.jpg

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Failed to write map image:

Could you share more details so we can determine if it is a bug or a configuration issue?
    Perhaps a screenshot and a listed procedure to duplicate this error message?

Such as: Java RAM Allocation ?
    Have you tried increasing the RAM allocation? If so, what is the current setting?
    What is the uncompressed file size of the image you are trying to save as a map?

3. nullcron

nullcron New Member

I tried it again and it all seems to work fine.

I guess a reboot after the upgrade is required.

4. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

This has happened to me three times in the last month. I'm not sure the cause but once a map fails to write, none will write after that until you restart d20pro. A restart always clears things up and I can create maps again.

I've tried to recreate the problem but it only crops up when I'm not thinking about it.