1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Feature "Button" re-location.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Jan 9, 2012.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I was looking on Dundjinni's forums and saw that someone posted a screenshot of a soon-to-be released VTT.

What caught my eye is that the menu for all the features was at the top in the toolbar.

I think it'd be a cool setup for D20Pro because it'd get that D20Pro icon off of the battlemap.

Heres the link:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... PN=1&TPN=1

Even has a nice wood grain Skin.

Gives it a cool RPG feel.

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Looks a lot like a video game.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Just about any VTT map could look like a video game out of context. Maybe it's just the top-view character tokens.

Looks interesting. Does having the d20pro icon on the battlemap bother you? You've already got several windows floating around on top. I don't see why a little button in the corner would make a difference. Adding a toolbar would just reduce the space on the battlemap anyway.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Cool looking VTT. I'll have to see how it is once they release a Beta. It's easy to throw together a sexy battlemap. Now stable networking, robust rules mechanics, and ease of use are another story. :ugeek:

We are certainly not resting on any laurels around here though. Sweeping improvements will continue to be released, and your feedback is going to drive features in 2012.

The v3.1 release has now entered Beta and will be out soon. At that point we will be freed up to talk about future features and then start tackling what needs the most work.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

The D20Pro button is just one more thing that just doesn't necessarily need to be there.

Why add to the amount of items on the screen?

6. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I have to agree with Cy on this one. I want less buttons and clutter on the screen...not more. I'm trying to make it so I can see the map and tokens. I don't really care about the background what the menus look like. Personally I'd like to get rid of the current menus and just use normal pull downs for everything. Having a "full-screen" option would be great. Get rid of the UI completely like when a a browser is full screened.

Kizan

7. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

You guys realize that by adding a menu bar, you're actually decreasing the amount of available screen space, right? I could go for a full screen mode, but I don't get the need for a menu bar.

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

How about a keyboard command to hide/show the user interface?

Press it once and all you see is the map.
    Press it again and you see the user interface as it is currently.

Sound good?

9. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I like that idea. But the more I think about it, the more I realize this feature is not something I would need or use. Same with full screen mode. As GM, it's rare for me not to need one tool or another on the screen at any given moment. During those rare times when I don't need tools open, it might be kind of nice to have more real estate for the map—especially if I had a smaller monitor. But mine is 27", so I'm not hurting for screen space. Someone with a laptop might need it more.

10. cyderak

cyderak Member

:D I like the idea of a toolbar. You could pick the catalog of items you want right off the bat instead of looking through a list of catagories from the "upper-left hand corner hog" D20Pro button.

11. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

So, arrange the drop-down d20Pro Menu that normally displays all the categories (Library, Draw Tools, Template Tools, etc) all across the top of the window like a toolbar of buttons that you can hide/show with a keyboard command?

12. cyderak

cyderak Member

Sounds like a winner!!

13. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I wouldn't complain. Sounds like a good solution.