1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

FOW Shadow Casting

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ncassella, May 6, 2016.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

I've been playtesting this since it's initial release, I have two groups, one of my family who function as my playtest group, and my main group of players who don't see anything but final releases.

I was so impressed with the quickness that the shadowcasting i was going to tell my main group, at the end of last nights session when I got the kickstarted update. I had them all download the public beta today

The main group just hit the second part of Crown of the Kobold King,at 2am last night so this couldn't have come at a better time.

I need to say that this makes me thrilled as a GM one of the best updates for the software since the override file.

After some extensive testing, and some wishful thinking I wanted to make the follow requests.

(I know it's still early and i'm likely jumping too far ahead with these)

Timers on the light objects - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/vision-and-light gives duration of lighting effects. There's not in system way to track the duration and the only thing I have come up with is to mark the lighting objects, with their duration as i create them, which isn't bad, but it would be nice for them to auto end (if they can)

Attaching light to spells - add a lighting tab in the spell area, that way, lets say you cast Faire Fire, of continual flame on something you can apply the lighting effect instantly.

that's it.

Thanks and this is awesome.

2. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

I can't wait until we get more instructions. I can't get shadows to show up yet, but I've only had it since this morning.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

We're working on documentation atm.. videos are coming as well...

I'll pass along the ideas Nathan, those are cool.. I'd like to see that as well, but like you I think that might be a bit down the road...

4. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I love the idea of a round timer on light sources.

I also have an idea for edges. How about being able to put vertical heights on an edge. For like a half wall. So that someone can hide behind it for an ambush or other uses. I realize at the moment visibility works for this but it is an idea for giving 3 dimensions to the map.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You might see things like that when they do the new engine... I really don't think it would be an option for the current Legacy build of the software.. I could be wrong, but I suspect that something like that would just be to hard to back-write into the code..