1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Gamers get "null error" Cannot connect to lobby hosted game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mrwinfree, Sep 15, 2017.

1. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

Hey all. Just spent an hour and a half with my group trying to get everyone on at the same time. Interestingly enough, about 1/2 the folks were able to join the game. everyone logged out and I restarted the game and then the situation reversed. The other half were able to join but the original ones could not. As an aside, all of the creatures on the evening's map had the image replaced with a lock. Attached are the logs from three different gamers (one from me, the DM) I hope these are the logs that would hold helpful information for those that know how to read them! The log marked mrw is mine.
    Thanks for you help.
    Mickey

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

is usually due to not having enough ram allocated to the application.

3. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

Wow. I was giving it 3gb to work with. I've gone and deleted the old and downloaded fresh. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue before our game in 2 weeks. Thanks Krillion,
    Mickey

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I believe this error fix is in the works.

[15 Sep 2017 19:32:56,411] ERROR TransportServerPubNub | Error to process message request, sending exception to client
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.MasterConnectionListener.authorizeLicenseName(MasterConnectionListener.java:477)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.DMAuthenticator.authenticateClient(DMAuthenticator.java:94)
    at com.mindgene.transport.server.TransportServerPubNub.lambda$new$0(TransportServerPubNub.java:65)
    at com.mindgene.transport.server.TransportServerPubNub$$Lambda$25/284376543.message(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.transport.pubnub.Channel.lambda$null$1(Channel.java:50)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.transport.pubnub.Channel$$Lambda$117/386505965.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

5. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

You guys are awesome as always. I am looking forward to that fix. Particularly as my position now involves extended time away from home. I have found hotel chains to be very reluctant to allow me to port-forward their systems!

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Using the new pubs networking system, you don't need to forward ports :) only if you use the old direct TCP/IP method.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I do believe this is corrected in the Beta.

[01 Sep 2017 19:40:12,962] INFO D20 | D20PRO version: 3.7.1
    [01 Sep 2017 19:40:12,986] INFO D20 | Java version: 1.8.0_131
    [01 Sep 2017 19:40:12,987] INFO D20 | Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
    [01 Sep 2017 19:40:38,413] ERROR LivePanel_LaunchPlayer | Unexpected exception
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

8. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

Sorry, I just noticed the move to the appropriate forum. Thanks.
    Mickey

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member