1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Over Problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by LegendaryLyre, Jan 22, 2018.

1. LegendaryLyre

LegendaryLyre New Member

so i only recently acquired D20Pro (within the last 2 weeks) and this might be a noob issue or something but I have searched online and have found nothing about it.

So after awhile of working in d20pro, I'd say about 20-40 minutes. Whenever I hover my mouse over any button, or area that has a flying window of information (i think that's what they are called) instead of getting the information I get a picture of the whole program. When i move from the button, I get a lagging trail. Like when a window lags and you get a trail from the mouse moving across the screen. the only way I have found to deal with this is to soft-reset the whole program.

Over all its not terribly bad, its juts overly annoying to have to save and restart everything every 30 or so minutes.

I attached a screen shot.

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hello,

we really need this information in order to try and help.

upload_2018-1-22_16-43-24.png
    https://forums.mesamundi.com/index.php?threads/report-guide.3871/

I get you, what you describe sounds truly annoying and frustrating. It is certainly -not- how things should be looking or running. My gut says it's a video driver issue or Java issue. But just based on your description, it's impossible to say.

please get back to us with the requested information above so we can have a better look at what is going on.

3. LegendaryLyre

LegendaryLyre New Member

Thanks for responding.

Some additional information since i posted. apparently it can happen before 20-40 minutes. It can happen as early as start-up. The issue can also be present at launch before clicking into the lobby. I also noticed that its any button in general, not just ones that have drop down menus or flying windows.

What i was trying to do exactly: At the current time, I was just trying to make a map using the tiles. from the tile library. I had just downloaded new tiles from the market place but it has been occurring before the were downloaded or imported. I also have had the effect occur with just clicking through the features or by interacting with tokens.

The only results or steps i took was the software reset. And it for the most part seems to stop the issue, but i have had it start up on the start up of the program.

The issue is deffinitely repeatable. However to the best of my investigative abilities, I can't find a single related trigger. it just seems to start up again.

I'm currently running windows 10 home, version 1709

I think the rules system I am using is 5th Edition? (as in if I look under options and the rules tab it says 5E)

And I'm also using D20pro 3.7.2

I have attached the log file.

Attached Files:

#3 LegendaryLyre, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, This is a GPU issue with Java 1.8_131.

If you upgrade your systems java to 1.8_152 or better (in the 1.8 series) this problem should go away. Oracle also claims that this can be caused by out of date GPU drivers (NVidia or AMD) and updating these is also to be advised.

however, in my experience, the java update to 152 or better resolves the issue.

5. LegendaryLyre

LegendaryLyre New Member

:oops: well that's embarrassing. I did think it was the drivers for the GPU, and I updated those before I posted but I didn't think about flash. My computer is supposed to auto-update that one. I guess that's unreliable.

Thanks! I'll update and give it a try.

6. vanith

vanith Member

Another issue I ran into was not using the batch file that had some commands baked in to avoid this issue. The d20pro.exe needs to have some additional commands added into it to avoid this issue too :D