1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Group icenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andi Schipelbaum, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Andi Schipelbaum

Andi Schipelbaum New Member

Hey All,

I had quick look on these forums however I can't see the answer so I thought I'd check here.

Our gaming group has been considering an oline option for some time and we've recently made the transition to 5th Ed so we're looking at licensing up with D20 Pro.

My query is, as a group of around 12 players ( 2 DM's with 10 players ), what's the best way to get the licenses required. Do we need to buy 2 separate licenses for DMs and then 10 guest licenses or can the DM's share that licence and we just use 11 player licenses? Ideally, we want 2 DM or host licenses in the end so we have the option of running more than 1 group at once but I want to check the options 1st.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Ta

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You could use a GM Licences with 11 Seats, this would relieve the need for your players to have to get licences. When one of the others wants to GM, just have all other folks connect as Guests.

3. Andi Schipelbaum

Many thanks for the reply Krillion. This will certainly work in the short-term however we are looking into experimenting with being able to run two sessions at the same time so would need 2 DM licenses eventually. Do we just simple purchase another host seat at that point and all the guests licenses can "move between" the two DMs?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Guest seats are tied to the GM/Host license. If you'd like a bulk price (2 GM licenses + 11 seats each), I can ask Owlbear about a deal for you if you like.

Really, you only need 1 GM + 11 Seats.

Sorta what I was hinting at above. Just install that GM license on the other GMs machine. Only one of you can use it at a time. Everyone else would just sign in as a guest (including the second GM) to whichever one of you is hosting.

5. Andi Schipelbaum

I guess we can look at the 2 DM thing down the line once we're used to using the software and running Virtual games.

Thank you for the info :0)