1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone built out a traps?

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by ncassella, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

I was thinking about building out some traps (as creatures) and was wondering before I went crazy, if anyone else had done this and were willing to share.

2. Dragonmaster13

That is how I build traps. I use Wisdom and Charisma to display the DCs for Perception and Disable Device. Use the Special Abilities tab to work up the damage and saving throws. Of course the description goes on the Appearance tab. On the last tab I put the trap as it would be written in trap format.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

This is pretty much the norm for building out traps and GM effects and things. It'll ge a major boost/redux when Features launch tho.

4. Zandu

Zandu New Member

I'm not sure I understand. How does using the traps as creatures help facilitate playing? ...Guess I am still stuck in the old days using visibility and /roll 1d20 rolls to determine if they fall in a spike trap. Thanks for the insight.

5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Can also use markers. I have animated gifs for my traps. Keep them invisible until they're detected.