1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Help me, please. I'm suffering from RPG-deficit disorder.

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Kendo, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Kendo

Kendo New Member

I have a weird schedule and am looking for a GMT-6 / CST game of pathfinder. I need one starting after 7:59 AM CST and ending before 3:15 pm CST, only on Tuesday through Friday. I'd prefer to play once per week or two.

I have never played Pathfinder, but I have drooled over the on-line texts for more than a week, and I am all charged up. I might need a little hand-holding, but I played AD&D for years and, while the rules may change, role-playing stays pretty much the same. I have now sampled a little some 5e via d20pro, so there's that.

I'll take any role, but the two I want most to play are a shadow dancer {Neutral} and a White Mage/Soul Warden {NG}. I haven't written up a character sheet for either one, but I have done a lot of research.

I can do havoc or Skype. If pressed, I could dig up the remains of teamspeak or whatever else you require. I do prefer voice, especially considering how new I am to d20pro and Pathfinder.

Once I get up to speed (a year?) I could offer to GM.

I'll gladly answer any other questions, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

That's a rough time slot, I feel for you. 5e is a great system that has a nice 2nd edition feel to it.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Combat Options! If i stopped coding, I could probably run a game or two -- but folks would get upset i think :)

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Ya think? LOL

Code faster! Faster, I say! ;)

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Kendo has been playing with us.. we are happy to have him and accommodate his schedule.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  6. Kendo

Kendo New Member

And you're a great crew to kill things with, too, Krillian. If only your wife would give up working and start playing pathfinder again, we could have a weekday morning game, too!

7. Kendo

Kendo New Member

Back when I played 2nd edition/AD&D, there were homebrew and Dragon magazine classes all over the place. Some had even been playtested. That's what has impressed me with Pathfinder. That's what's missing (thus far) in 5e.

Tay-Dor likes this.
  8. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I prefer the simplicity of 5e. I like not having to go through 50+ supplements to try and optimize my character to the Nth degree. With 5e I can focus a little more on the role-play and less on the roll-play.

That is not to say optimizing isn't fun. My Rogue/Shadowdancer in Charybdis' former Pathfinder game was fairly optimized for solo (off scouting) stealth killing. Well, up until we started running into all those blindsight/tremorsense type creatures. :)