1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Lab imports showing d0 damage

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by firebringer, Aug 3, 2013.

1. firebringer

firebringer Member

Hey all,
    I can't remember when this bug started but I think it was when one of the various 3.3 beta versions released several months ago. It has continued to this day (we're using the production release of 3.3 d20Pro now) and its finally gotten irritating enough that I and the other GM in our group are looking into solutions for this bug. The problem is this: when we export d20Pro .hld20pro files from Hero Lab and import them into d20Pro 3.3 many of the damages for various weapons are showing up as d0. It's not all weapons but it is a lot of them and we're spending a significant amount of time correcting attack damages after import. I know that it affects a lot of natural attacks (bite, claws and gore) as well as any custom 'named' weapons created in Hero Lab and a variety of other weapons as well.

Has anybody run into a similar problem or have any ideas how to fix this particular issue?

Thanks in advance,

Firebringer

2. Entola

Entola Member

They are going to need you to post your hero labs file that you're importing. I had a problem with hero labs imports in the past and that what they needed. You can just upload it as an attachment to your reply.

3. firebringer

firebringer Member

Entola,
    Thanks for the reply. I've attached a .hld20pro file that demonstrates the problem I'm referring to. In this case the d0 damage is showing for pretty much every attack that the character has. Hopefully someone has seen something like this and has an idea of how to fix it.

Edit: Grrr the upload attachments utility won't accept a .hld20pro extension. I'm going to try a .txt extension on a .hld20pro file.

Firebringer

Attached Files:

4. Dragonmaster13

Whenever the damage has something added to the damage like the "1d8+1 +1 when flanking" the program doesn't recognize the "+1 when flanking" so it will show damage as d0 and show the error report on the bottom of the Notes tab. The same for damages put in as 1d6 plus poison or any other addition to the damage. The only additions that enter properly are like the flaming, frost, and other such separate damages.

As for natural attacks like "Claw, 1d6 plus grab" it should be entered as "Claw plus grab, 1d6".

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you. I will see what we need to do to get this to convert better (either modify the hero lab export or modify the d20Pro import function).

Dragonmaster13 get's a Gold Star :)

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

Good news, I found and solved that bug!

Once it passes some internal hoops we can release the updated importer.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Update is here to save the day! :)

Download new Hero Lab Plugin for d20Pro
    New HeroLab Plugin for d20Pro

Place in the following directory ( \d20Pro\judge\plugins\ )
    [​IMG]