1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How do I export maps with Market Place content?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lefty2shoes, Dec 21, 2015.

1. lefty2shoes

lefty2shoes New Member

Currently (ver. 3.4.8) when I build a map that has creatures on it from the Market Place such as the PF Bestiary, I cannot export the map. I use this export feature for a number of reasons:

1. Editing and running the games from different computers. (One of the games is run from the company boardroom)
    2. Recording the progress of a play session.
    3. Allowing players to create and customizes their own creatures. (This is very useful for a summoner in my game that has a ton of customized summoned creatures)
    4. Saving the progress of building complex maps as I have had several application crashes which resulted in the campaign being corrupted.

Is there a way around this? This feature is very important to me and if I cannot find a way around it, I may need stop using market place content.

Thanks

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi lefty2shoes!

Most of your requirements (1-3) can be accomplished by having d20Pro resources on a cloud service (such as Dropbox - that is synced on each local computer), then on your home computer and office computer (and player's computers) can access those resources on the cloud service. (see below for setup)

The fourth requirement can be accomplished then by simply saving a copy of the map in the Library (and what I do is append the date to the end).

v3.4.8 Release Notes:
    Code:
    * Campaign Folder Override
    	By default all Campaigns are stored in the "d20Pro/judge/campaigns" folder 
    	where d20Pro is installed. This location may be overridden by creating 
    	the file "d20Pro/judge/campaign.override". This file should contain a single line
    	that sets path where the Campaigns folder will be created, for example "C:\stuff"
    	will cause the Campaigns folder to be created in "C:\stuff\campaigns". 
    How to setup:
    How to point d20Pro campaigns folder to an alternative directory (such as dropbox)

Example Mac Setup:
    dropbox is located: /Users/curtisedwards/Dropbox3/Dropbox/ (yes, 3 dropbox setups, this 3 one is the one I use for d20Pro)
    d20Pro campaigns folder located: /Dropbox/d20Pro/campaigns
    d20Pro located: /Applications/d20Pro-mac-3.4.8

Procedure:
    (these are steps for anyone to use, for all MacOS users - using the setup I have mentioned earlier. your setup may alter the steps slightly)
    • Inside /Applications/d20Pro-mac-3.4.8/data/judge
    • Create a simple text file and name it "campaign.override" (this must be simple text, not rtf)
    • Make sure "campaign.override" does not have any other extension file type (can use command+I to update extension - .override is the file type extension)
    • Inside the "campaign.override" file place the following:
      Code:
      //Users/curtisedwards/Dropbox3/Dropbox/d20Pro
    • Save
    • Now open d20Pro and it uses the new campaign directory instead of the one located in /Applications/d20Pro-mac-3.4.8/data/judge/campaigns

Example Windows Setup:
    dropbox is located: G:\Dropbox\
    d20Pro campaigns folder located: G:\Dropbox\d20Pro\campaigns
    d20Pro located: G:\d20Pro348\d20Pro.exe

Procedure:
    (these are steps for anyone to use, your setup may alter the steps slightly)
    • Inside G:\d20Pro348\judge
    • Create a simple text file and name it "campaign.override" (this must be simple text, not rtf. ".override" is the extension)
    • Make sure "campaign.override" does not have any other extension file type
    • Inside the "campaign.override" file place the following:
      Code:
      G:\Dropbox\d20Pro\
    • Save
    • Now open d20Pro and it uses the new campaign directory located G:\Dropbox\d20Pro\campaigns instead of the one located in G:\d20Pro348\judge\campaigns

3. lefty2shoes

lefty2shoes New Member

Thanks Curtis. I'll give this a shot. Seems like it might even make things easier.