1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How to use ammunition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krypto, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Krypto

Krypto New Member

So I'm not understanding how to use the ammunition feature. I have a PC with a shortbow and a stack of 65 arrows. I've added the ammunition template to the arrows, and set the "Counts as ammo type" to "bow". On the shortbow, I've set the "use Style" to "bow". Attacking with the bow doesn't seem to consume any of the arrows though. I've tried various other combinations of the ammunition template, use style, and ammo type, but to no avail. What am I missing?

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

On the attack selection screen, did you select the ammo?
    ammo1.png ammo2.png

3. Krypto

Krypto New Member

Ah! Thank you. At first, I wasn't getting a dropdown for the ammunition type when declaring an attack. I found out that the problem is that I didn't select "bow" as the Style on the player sheet's attack tab. I believe in 3.6, only 1-hand, 2-hand, and off-hand were available in that dropdown, so I hadn't even looked there. Lo and behold, "bow" is one of the options there now. This is what it should look like on the attack tab:

attacks_tab.png

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. vanith

vanith Member

Another thing is to make sure in the ammo section that the use is 0 & 1, not 1 & 1 - otherwise it won't deduct the number from the item tab. I found that out the hard way.

Krypto likes this.