1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

ID generation glitch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Oct 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vanith

vanith Member

I found with the latest 3.6.10 version that it creates the ID's of the campaign with new creatures with random high numbers.

Upon importing my campaign, all pre-existing tokens ID's were zeroed out and I couldn't move them individually because they were all linked. I deleted the tokens and started over, still same issue. I closed all maps and started over, same thing.

I started the game with both batch file and .exe this time to avoid the same issue I had last time.

Is the issue repeatable? Yes, with the new version.
    OS version - Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0) 64-bit
    Rules Version - Pathfinder
    What version - 3.6.10

I'll work on a new video that shows the Zero'ed out IDs in the next hour.

Attached Files:

2. vanith

vanith Member

I deleted the campaign that was uploaded in the previous video and imported my backup. I deleted the campaign data file in the same folder as the Campaign.
    I re-activated the campaign and started it up. I started recording and there is a longer video of what happened with my imported campaign.

When I had closed out the maps that contained the tokens, they were still in the roster and it duplicated some of them in the active roster.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Thanks Vanith,
    we are looking into a hotfix for this.. seems a small piece of code that was a work in progress that was not supposed to be included in the 3.6.10 build got included somehow. Will post more info once I know more about it..

vanith likes this.
  4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It looks like it might resolve itself, I closed all maps and then exported a map.. closed D20PRO, reopened D20PRO, reopening a map, it changed all the token IDs from 0 to the new random number which solved the problem.. might work for you, give it a try..

5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I solved my individual movement issue by dropping my game out of combat initiative. Now I can move them individually in combat and out.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Yeah, so there's a bit of code which seems to only do the ID update when a creature is "passive". So a campaign saved in the middle of combat would be affected by one that wasn't won't. so many variables to test!!!

Good catch Tay-Dor.

I've also updated the model slightly so the following will be true in the next release:

Creatures on the team "Party" will be assigned a random UIN between the range of 1 and 99.
    All other Creatures will be assigned a random UIN between the range of 100 and 999.
    Items, Markers, Tiles and all other map Objects which are not creatures live in the ID range between 1000 and 999999.

So you can have 1000 creatures on any given map and roughly 998,999 objects, tiles, and what not -- that should cover us for the future!

The main reason to move creatures into the three-digit range is to keep readable ID's for those who use the Show ID's option.

Sorry I missed this change when we were making the merge. The ID update wasn't supposed to go out until the next build. I've done a double, triple and quadruple check and this does appear to be the only slip.

vanith likes this.
  7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

[IDEA]

So I've been thinking about ID's a bit more (obviously) and was wondering what folks thought about having a menu option to change your ID. Basically this lets you change the ID range for a token by changing it's type and re-rolling it's random number. I'd add this to the Traits panel or the Description panel but this has me wondering about team and other items from the sheet that could be moved to a Personal tab.

Basically, I see Description, Race/Type, SubType, Module, Team, and UIN/UID being valid entries for a Personal tab which could be expanded to include height, weight, and other specifics over time.

Thoughts?

I'm also open to including the UIN/UID re-randomizer elsewhere. While we're still working to get the HTML5 character sheet engine built, it makes sense to give the current sheet a little love.

[EDIT]

Okay, so I decided to add this feature to the GM's Alter menu as part of the team controls. Basically, when you use alter to change a creature, or group of creatures, team affiliation, you'll have a check box that offers you the chance to regenerate UIN's.

The upside to this method is that it allows a GM to reassign UIN's to large groups of creatures as well as reassign UIN range to match Team affiliation.

This is entirely based around the request to have a smarter UIN solution in place to avoid cheating by determining the highest in-play UIN i.e. how many creatures are on the board.

#7 owlbear, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay this code is all in place now. Will do a little testing and create a 3.6.11 hot fix release tonight!

vanith likes this.
  9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

#9 owlbear, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    vanith likes this.
  10. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

The shadowcasting is much better. The lag has been greatly reduced. I'm loving it.

I have noticed with 3.6.10 that token movement gets reported twice in the game log. Occassionally I couldn't remove "dead" creatures from Initiative.

11. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Looks like the hotfix fixed the double movement reporting. :)

12. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Awesome, I love it when a fix fixes stuff we didn't know was broken -- although the confused UID's would make for confusing movement logs.