1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Importing characters from Hero Lab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Killingsmith, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Killingsmith

Killingsmith New Member

I am not sure how to export a character from hero lab. I am trying to use HLExport but the steps seem ambiguous. Is there a manual or something on this? I saved a *.hl file in my d20pro folder but when I try to import from d20pro it is asking for a *.hld20pro extension. So I just pick my *.hl file and get: This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.

I appreciate any help in this matter.

2. ChrisRevocateur

When you're in Hero Lab, instead of just saving the character, go to File>Save Custom Output, then choose to save it as a d20Pro output. Now this is your .hld20pro file. Then, within d20Pro, in the creature library, click Import and say you want to import a Hero Lab file. The Custom Output .hld20pro file should be in the standard Hero Lab portfolio folder.