1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Improve Feats Functions!

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ChrisRevocateur, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ChrisRevocateur

I think it'd be great if more tags can be added to the Feats document, like the InitModifier tag. Ideas include:
    Dodge: modifies the dodge AC bonus.
    Fort: modifies fortitude saves
    Ref: modifies reflex saves
    Will: modifies will saves

I'm sure there's other tags that could be added, DR, Natural Armor, etc.

There are three other things I would like feats to be able to do, but more modifications to the system would be necessary.

1) Add another user modifiable .txt file like the feats and spells files with a list of all the different types of weapons that you could then add to any attacks you program on a character, then create feat tags like WFocus, WCrit, WSpec, etc, to modify those different weapon types. If you did this, then you could probably create an SFocus tag that would add a bonus to a certain skill as well.

2) Make it somehow possible to have a feat that has to be activated, and would apply the numerical changes while activated.

3) The ability to apply more than one tag to a feat, as some feats do more than one thing, like the skill feats that add +2 to two different skills.

2. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Having feats affect your PCs would be awesome--as I understand it now, ONLY Improved Initiative has an out of the box effect on tokens?

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree, there are lots of feats that improve something on the character sheet. And, it would be helpful for d20Pro to be able to apply different bonuses for each feat that one selects. I believe this is on the list of improvements that d20Pro is working toward. In the meantime, this is the listing of what feats in d20Pro have a special effect inside d20Pro...

Feats that have game effects:
    Evasion = pass save and take 0 damage, fail save take 100% damage.
    Improved Evasion = pass save and take 0 damage, fail save take 50% damage.
    Improved Initiative = +4 bonus to initiative rolls