1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

is there a way to tie a mount and player character together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magnetord, Jan 23, 2017.

1. magnetord

magnetord New Member

Hi All,
    So I have a character with a pet they can ride. Is there a way to move them together?
    I am aware one can make a tile like a wagon and tie things to it.

Any ideas on how to give player control of moving the mount and it automatically dragging his character with it?

Thanks

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Currently the only way to do that is have the "mount" as a Floating Tile. You can sticky the tile and have the creature move with it, but of course the Mount token is un-targetable and has no stats as it is not a creature.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

On the slate (no date on implementation yet), is an option to make a token sticky like you do with tiles. To achieve exactly what you suggest.

4. templar12

templar12 Member

Hello, Magnetord, here's what I have done in past. Make a character token with a visual that merges the horse and the character, used only for moving. Use that to move. Place their 2 individual tokens off to side of map and click on those as needed for attacks, actions,etc.
    -or-
    Place mount in initiative before character and move accordingly to keep from leaving their "trails" lingering. Out of initiative place character token on mount token, highlight or grab both tokens and while holding down your SHIFT key move all tokens together at same time.

5. magnetord

magnetord New Member

Thanks to both of you

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

is the method I use.