1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[java 7 issue] corrupted image/tile

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Wesley Gorby, May 23, 2012.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

here is a weird one.. why when rotating an image do i get this odd dis-colorization to the tile.. in my example image here top left tile appears normal, then dis colored as it is rotated 90', then 180' and 270' clockwise. what would cause this?

First I just thought it was a 'draw tools' mode thing.. closed, saved the map and reopened it and even withe draw tools closed its borked..

2. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Re: corrupted image/tile

I have well over a thousand tiles and it would be very frustrating to have to have 4 versions of every tile for rotation needs. :(

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

it also does not appear to be related to image format as I just convert some png to gif and then to jpg all with the same effect of discoloration when rotated.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

That is very strange. I could not reproduce this with any of my installs of d20Pro.

Is it only with that one graphic? or does it happen to your entire graphic library?

Have you tried "Refresh Resources" and see if that helps?

Did you inject the graphic yourself (place graphic directly inside d20Pro's directory) without having d20Pro handle the graphic import? If you did, this could be the cause. I would import it via the Import FLR Image from the Draw Tools, and see if that solves the issue.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Yeah it is every tile.. No, I almost never use the tile import feature. Is there something it does to the images to make them get along with d20pro?
    Being good at batch processing, I just batch rotated all my tiles for all 4 directions.. the pro is, it's less work placing tiles since I now have each tile in all rotation, the con is now my tile library is 3x bigger...

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I just tested it using d20p native tile import. with the same result.. I'm totally baffled..

[​IMG]

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd use the contact page on the main site, which will email a developer about the issue. You'll get a faster response time from them that way. http://www.d20pro.com/contact.php

d20Pro does change the JPG image encoding (smaller file size) when you use the import image function, see below the effect is has for images viewed outside of d20Pro...
    [​IMG]

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Yeah this is in fact a Java 7 issue.. using JRE 6 SE works fine..

9. billy000

billy000 New Member

This Java Image SDK is 100% build in Java, have been fully tested with all versions of JDK starting, including J2SE 1.4.x, J2SE 5.0 (1.5), J2SE 6.0 (1.6) and J2SE 7.0 (1.7)... It can be used to process multiple image formats, including image rotation.