1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Kingmaker Campaign now on YouTube

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by ghaladen, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ghaladen

ghaladen New Member

Hey everyone, we've been recording our local Pathfinder Society and Rise of the Runelords Campaign and posting them on YouTube for a little over a month now, and those we use a camera and a traditional tabletop with minis and tiles, maps, etc.

Just this past Tuesday we started a Kingmaker campaign, and since we have 2 online players (the other 4 in person), we decided to try out d20pro, and just screencast it. With all the handouts and screen sharing we would be doing with people over Skype (developers: HEX MAPS PLEASE!!! :), we thought it would be a good fit. Plus there aren't many d20pro actual play examples, so I decided as badass as d20pro is, it needs to be pimped a little more. So anyway, the first session's videos are uploading as we speak. Please subscribe and comment, as we would like to know how badly we're screwing this Adventure Path up. :)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C536EA79EC39EDD9

NOTE: At first, we were going to do a traditional table top for the local players, and I would mirror the player's and monster's miniature positions on d20pro behind my screen. Well, after the fight, that became too much of a pain in the ass, so we switched over to a camera streaming the game board over Justin.TV, which became even more of a pain in the ass (Anywhere from 20-30 second to several minute lag). What didn't help matters was the screencast software I used (Camtasia Studio) ended up garbling the video and leaving nasty pops in the audio. So I decided after all was said and done to "re-perform" all the actions taken during the session using BB Flashback Express, which is also a great free app for screencasting. Anyway, so if what's going on in the video doesn't seem to match up with what we're saying, that's why. Next week, we'll all be using d20pro, local and remote alike, so we won't face the same issues.

2. Sarin Samuel

Sarin Samuel New Member

My Screen Recorder is one of the best screen recording tools. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. It's easy to use, and the recordings look great.