1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Lets see your GAME ROOM.

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by cyderak, Jan 30, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

2. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Looks nice.....

4. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Cyderak,

could you list the hardware and software solutions you used and how they work together to pull that off?? I am working on something in another thread that works similar.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

I tried to post the long list of steps included with building a game table but I can't stay logged in long enough without it asking me to log in and thus losing all progress.

Hardware and Building Materials:Oak wood(if you wand a classy table that'll last) otherwise you can get away with regular 2x4's and press wood.
    Projector.......heres the one I have: http://reviews.cnet.com/home-theater-pr ... ?tag=specs
    Wii-Mote
    Laptop with a respectable amount of RAM and process speed.
    3' x 3' sheet of 1/4" Plexi-Glass. (hardware store) Get them to cut it for you.
    Cup holders (EBAY) if you want them.
    2' x 2' Mirror.
    Side table the height of your game table to place laptop on.
    Adorn with RPG-type decor (optional) :D
    Infra-red Pen

Software:
    Smartboard software - to create the manipulatable signal array.
    BlueSoliel - to get your laptop to communicate with your Wii-Mote.
    VTT - Virtual Tabletop. I use D20Pro.

Let me know if you have any questions.

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

As for how everything works together, search this blog.......its where I got all my info.

http://tyrendes.wordpress.com/

Otherwise, I have a buddy who wants to build another Game Table. We could build it for you. I think he priced it out somewhere around $2500 to $3000 to build and take time to calibrate and teach the game table user how to use it.

7. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Good Morning,

I am now looking into how this can be incorporated with a solution found at - ( http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/ ). So far it looks like this would not be a problem. Question, when using D20 Pro with that pen does it work like a mouse with only one button?

I have to say your setup is impressive!

EDIT : Correction - didn't mean I had found this in the sense that i discovered it on my own, it was something discussed in another thread and someone had posted concerning this open source project.

8. cyderak

cyderak Member

Yes it only works like a left click. No right click capability.

9. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Spoke with a few friends and getting a supplies list together, I am considering making two tables, one would have a dark tint to the plexy / actual glass. I like the idea of plexy but am concerned that over time it will look scuffed and get that yellow hue to it due to age and such.

Also considering putting in a mini ATX pc running a VM image (for quick recovery in the event of system failure) that will get imaged nightly to my server room.

I am considering also offering the VM to the public as well as the list of hardware used in teh construction of the tables so that it is ready to go the moment a table is built. If not to the public, then at least to a closed group. I am also considering once this is in place - collaborating with other game groups that use D20 Pro and possibly do projects such as large / multi group gaming campains as well as cross overs.

Might be interesting to get a wall with a projector for skype video chat with alternate gaming groups as we play!

10. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

I like the idea of having a interactive table top and having two or three friends locally and another few friends connected via D20Pro on another interactive table to play games like axis and allies. >;0)

11. cyderak

cyderak Member

12. cyderak

cyderak Member

Anyone have any pics of a Game Table they built??

I think the more people we have showing they built a Game Table that the D20Pro guys will consider making a version of D20Pro for use with Game Tables.

13. djc664

djc664 Member

Got set back temporarily as I started a new job in the past two months and the bulb in my projector went bad. :(

Revisiting this in the next week to ramp up into GenCon and see what's what with d20 Pro. Very excited about the prospects and new version on the near horizon!

14. cyderak

cyderak Member