1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

License questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waylorn-DnD, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Waylorn-DnD

Waylorn-DnD New Member

I am considering buying a GM license with 6 guest license. What is the upgrade path when unlimited comes out? Will I be required to purchase a new license at full price? I could not find any answer on the site. Please advise. Thanks!

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that it/they will transfer over ..

3. ChrisRevocateur

I'm not so sure about that Krillion. If it was planned to just transfer, then why was one of the lower Kick starter perks getting a license upgrade for unlimited.

I believe it won't be a direct transfer, but a rather low cost upgrade license.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

you could be right... I thought that too long after I replied :)

5. Waylorn-DnD

Waylorn-DnD New Member

Does anyone know the real answer? I dont want to purchase now and get hit for another 70 or 80 dollars when unlimited rolls around.

6. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

During the Kickstarter, one option was to upgrade an existing legacy licence to D20Pro Unlimited. And it was only 5$. So my guess is that, yes it will cost something, but it won't be much. To be 100% sure, you should use the contact page.

7. ionstorm20

ionstorm20 New Member

Is there a way to do it now? I know the kickstarter is long over, but I don't see a way on the website to do it.

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi folks. you're all on the Unlimited edition path now with no addition cost.

In August we upped the price and started soft roll outs of feature backends in the various builds that have been published.

When we launch the feature library and other "Unlimited" aspects, you'll be running them without an additional buy in.

Part of the decision to do things this way was that WotC and other vendors are looking for pieces of the pie. That means that where we'd hoped to deploy free rule sets or very low-cost rules sets, the fact is that we cannot.

So Unlimited will come with your purchase of D20PRO (which you've likely already made!)

On the off chance you haven't, we're running a holiday sale so get it while it hot -- er... cold? ah crude. which is it in Dec?