1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Linux help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lexluthor, Mar 2, 2010.

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I am trying to get this program to run on my Aspire One netbook running Linux (Linpus) but so far to no avail. When I run the java line from the readme file, in the terminal, it can't find the "main class." I have the latest version of java and Sun's webpage confirms that I am running it. When I click on the java icon in the d20pro folder, it says that I need to upgrade my version of java to 1.6. I have tried a number of things, but to be honest, I don't know much about this operating system.

Can someone spell out the installation for me?

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met lexluthor,

It sounds like you are invoking Java from an arbitrary location. In the terminal window, make sure you cd (change directory) to the d20Pro folder. Then try to execute the command in the readme file again.

Let us know if that doesn't work! :geek:

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I changed the directory to d20pro and ran the command from the readme file but it still comes back "failed to load Main-class manifest attribute from d20pro.dat" I ran ls /usr/java and it shows I'm running the latest version, but maybe I don't have it in the correct location? Once I downloaded the file from your website and unzipped it, was there anything else I was supposed to do? My knowledge of linux is quite limited.

4. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

lexluther, can you run the code below and let me know what the result is?

Code:
    $ which java

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

I ran your command from the d20pro directory and got usr/bin/java.

6. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

If you navigate to that location you should see a folder with your java version. What is the version number on that folder? Are there multiple folders with different version numbers?

7. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Okay, I see Default, latest and 1.6 folders. One note, right after I installed java, I removed the Iced T version that came with the netbook using sudo yum remove.

8. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

9. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

Okay, my knowledge is limited here. How do I do that, specifically? Is there a bat file, or is there a command I use in the terminal?

10. Dan

Dan Member

batch file should be in the d20pro main folder

11. Garlaxel

Garlaxel New Member

I had to change the d20Pro.sh file under Suse linux to get it to run.
    Was
    #!/bin/sh
    java -Xmx384m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.dat &

Now
    #!/bin/bash
    java -Xmx384m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.jar &

12. Dan

Dan Member

Great! I'll send this on to the developers.

13. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Garlaxel,

Thanks for posting a workaround to the d20pro.sh file for your shell environment! We are putting our cross-platform hats together to better support gamers who enjoy using d20Pro on linux.

14. KainPen

KainPen Member

just want to confirm I had the same issues on ubuntu 10.10 and changing the .dat to .jar fixed it.