1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Logging in with new method

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by HippyCraig, Jul 23, 2017.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

So I am trying to test out the new version 3.7.1 and even 3.7 has connection problems. Let me explain my current setup. I have an Azure Windows 10 VM, I have D20pro running on that machine as a judge. I have my local machine trying to connect to it over the internet and I am getting connection errors. I have opened the ports for 10101, 8090. The old way to connect using port 10101 works fine but the new method just fails.

I have attached a screen shot of the error and included the log. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need to open other ports for the new logon method? 80 and 443?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I would guess, there is something local to you that is not playing nice between your router and the VM. Without knowing a lot more about your set up and configuration, it's almost impossible to know what it going on.

this will perhaps allow the devs to glean what's up;

[23 Jul 2017 12:26:24,678] INFO D20 | D20PRO version: 3.7.1
    [23 Jul 2017 12:26:24,680] INFO D20 | Java version: 1.8.0_131
    [23 Jul 2017 12:26:24,680] INFO D20 | Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
    [23 Jul 2017 12:26:50,746] ERROR LivePanel_LaunchPlayer | Unexpected exception
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.mindgene.transport.client.TransportClientPubNub.initiateServerConnection(TransportClientPubNub.java:240)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.launchPreInit(LivePanel_LaunchPlayer.java:110)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_LaunchAbstract$LaunchTask.logic(LivePanel_LaunchAbstract.java:521)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_Abstract$AbstractPanelTask.work(LivePanel_Abstract.java:153)
    at com.mindgene.d20.laf.BlockerControl.run(BlockerControl.java:224)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.safeRun(SafeThread.java:187)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeThread.run(SafeThread.java:195)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.MasterConnectionListener.authorizeLicenseName(MasterConnectionListener.java:477)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.DMAuthenticator.authenticateClient(DMAuthenticator.java:94)
    at com.mindgene.transport.server.TransportServerPubNub.lambda$new$0(TransportServerPubNub.java:65)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.transport.pubnub.Channel.lambda$null$1(Channel.java:50)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    [23 Jul 2017 12:26:50,752] ERROR D20LF | Unexpected exception
    [23 Jul 2017 12:28:55,417] WARN ErrCaptureStream | Exception in thread "Thread-20" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.transport.pubnub.RootChannel.lambda$addRootChannelHandlers$0(RootChannel.java:56)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.transport.pubnub.Channel.lambda$null$1(Channel.java:50)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

and perhaps;

[23 Jul 2017 12:20:03,152] ERROR D20LF | Unexpected exception
    [23 Jul 2017 12:20:10,104] ERROR Connection | Error to publish message 1 of 1 [ClientIdentification (req #a89212bddc35)]: null
    com.pubnub.api.PubNubException
    at com.pubnub.api.PubNubException$PubNubExceptionBuilder.build(PubNubException.java:9)
    at com.pubnub.api.endpoints.Endpoint$1.onFailure(Endpoint.java:222)
    at retrofit2.OkHttpCall$1.onFailure(OkHttpCall.java:116)
    at okhttp3.RealCall$AsyncCall.execute(RealCall.java:140)
    at okhttp3.internal.NamedRunnable.run(NamedRunnable.java:32)

3. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I would assume 80 and 443 are the standard web ports and that should just work with pubnub, that's why you moved to this model so as to not have to configure anything.

What else do you need, connections over the 10101 so that works. What ports are being used by the new method aside from what I listed above?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

again, without knowing the specifics of your setup (router, VM software) and how they are configured, it's very hard to say. Perhaps pubnub might be of some help

https://support.pubnub.com/support/...b-blocked-by-firewalls-or-antivirus-software-

not sure if this is relevant or not;
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/pubnub-eventhub-bridge/

so, if I am reading some of this right.. You are running Win 10 remotely on a VM and then trying to get people to connect to that? if that is the case, we'll have to wait for one of the devs to chime in. That's not something my tech knowledge is gonna be able to help with much. Also not something D20PRO is targeted to do.

I could be wrong, and it might work just fine that way.. We'll have to wait and see what Owlbear says when he gets back (currently traveling).