1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Darkness

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Tay-Dor, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I'd like to see a way to create a light that emits darkness that blocks other light sources.

I have a work around, keeping the mask hidden so the player can't see, but it lacks finesse. A anti-light would have a radius that your mask might not be set up for.

I realize this may not be doable, but would be interesting.

2. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Would creating a light that has black as its inner, outer, and edge and set at 100% opacity work? Then you would just have to tether it to something if it was moveable.

But having it as an effect would be nice. Or if they actually create a light library it could be set there for quick grabbing.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah, this is the most common approach and how I would do it as well ...

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

The only problem with this technique right now is that the GM view has player tokens under lights while the Player view has tokens above lights. I'm looking to alter this in an upcoming release.