1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

manifest.dat

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by d4jones, Sep 5, 2010.

1. d4jones

d4jones New Member

When I update the .bat file to allocate more RAM I am unable to open my campaign (when launching from the .bat)

If I launch d20pro from the exe it will load. Here is the error message I get when trying to launch my campaign from the .bat.

Failed to initialize RES
    Caused by: judge\campaigns\Pathfinder - Kingmaker\res\ManuallySpecified\manifest.dat (Access is denied).

The only thing I changed was the allocated RAM from 512 to 1024

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met d4jones,

What version of Windows are you running? Also please post the contents of your modified d20pro.bat file. Thanks!

3. d4jones

d4jones New Member

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Here is my modified .bat

@echo off
    setlocal

REM By default, we locate java in the path. If you do not have a valid 32bit JRE found first in the path
    REM The update the below with a full absolute path to a javaw.exe
    set JAVA=javaw

start %JAVA% -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.dat

d20Pro launches, it's just when I select which campaign to use.

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

You can read about my identical issue here - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=332

Or you can just skip to the end, and move your D20PRO installation out of protected storage.

IE, you currently have it installed into C:\Program Files\Mindgene\d20pro (or some such thing). The " \Program files" portion of the path is "protected storage"; and it doesn't "play nice" with all aspects of d20PRO ..

Personally, I have my d20PRo installed in C:\Mindgene\d20Po (you can just cut/paste the current directory structure if you like).

5. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

Copy to a new folder, don't move

The securities on a folder follow if you move it... if you copy, it will take on the new parent folder permissions.

6. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

This is correct. I used the phrase "move" to generically mean "Cut/Paste". Since they are distinctly separate processes, with different rules associated with file properties; I should have been more specific.