1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map Terrain Markers!

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Dan, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Dan

Dan Member

I thought I would post my difficult terrain markers here. Place these in your d20pro\dm\res\FLR folder (or subfolders).

You can then use them with the Paint tool to paint over your maps and designate squares that are difficult, hazardous, or blocked terrain. Enjoy!

Screenshots and ZIP files attached.

Attached Files:

2. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

*grin*

I previously missed the tip/technique where you could do this.

Painting those symbols onto the tiles is extremely awesome!

I'm tweaking my maps now.

Thanks Dan!

3. neofax

neofax New Member

Not trying to rain on your parade Dan, but here are some more with different colors: Difficult Terrain. These I use to signify differences in elevation: Eleveation Markers(they are the arrows with numbers at the bottom).

4. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

I grabbed those too! I really like the ability to paint small markers on tiles.

5. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

I'm still very new to d20Pro and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to accomplish all I'd like. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask about it, and I'll keep searching after this post, but what I'd like to make happen is to be able to use markers or tiles or something to add difficult terrain to maps. The effect of this would be that if a character moves through this type of terrain, their movement indicator would be updated appropriately. Is this currently supported? Or do these markers simply make it easier for us to do the tracking of movement manually?

Sorry if this newb question has been asked and answered many times already, I will continue my search - this was just the first thread I stumbled on that seemed to touch on the subject. Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

6. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

What you are asking is not supported. You can mark difficult terrain, but the software does not track it. Honestly, I just use templates for that, and the players just need to make their movement as appropriate. That sort of function is really easy to real time deal with, and this software simplifies so many other difficult to deal with mechanics, I do not feel that it is a detraction from the software's capabilities.

7. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I'm mostly glad I'm not missing out on using a feature, as you say tracking distance is something I imagine we've all done since the beginning. :)

I think it's a typical reaction to see the movement tracker in the first place (which is totally cool all on its own) and to make the leap to the additional math of terrain types. But you're right, it's not a detraction to not have it - it'd simply be a bit more icing on the cake. :)