1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Marker assets pushed to players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

Are they?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Unsure what you mean by marker assets.. if you mean the markers attributes such as toggles, description and the like, yes they are updated as you make changes.. If you are concerned players are not being updated for some reason you can always force client update by hitting F5 or Broadcast button on the top of your screen...

Broadcast F5 Refreshes the map display for all clients.

Attached Files:

3. Ken L

Ken L Member

I'm referring to the graphical changes if I alter the zip.

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

If you make changes to the zip file while the player is in the session. They will have to disconnect and reconnect to get the new updated makers. Otherwise, the will get the new markers when the join the game.

-Fred

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah, I would not suggest modifying one of the Zips while the program is running... has the possibility to cause unexpected problems all the way around...

6. Ken L

Ken L Member

I'm aware of altering the archive during the game (as it loads on start). I've so far only used d20pro for an in-house group. I've yet to use it fully networked with my online group so I was just gauging what I should expect.

As far as assets pushed to players when connecting, I'm assuming the following:
    - Status Markers
    - Map Markers

Is there more? I was hoping audio would be a push-able asset but that's not the case.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ken,

Great investigating, yes, as you probably are aware by now, Markers and Status images are pushed when the player connects to the Judge/GM exactly how Caraldur stated. (Thanks Caraldur for helping out!).

If you'd like to poll others to see if marker/status icons/images should also be a push-able asset while players are connected would be a feature request post. :) Sounds being pushed and campaign specific would also be another feature request. :) I'm sure the sound one would have more support.