1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

marker GIF transparency issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Climp, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Climp

Climp New Member

When i try and use a gif with a transparent background for a marker the gif puts in a white background instead of a transparent one. I love the new added gif future but without transparency i feel there are only so many uses for square gifs. bellow is one example of what i am trying to use.

[​IMG]

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Transparency is definitely working for markers. Using your sample image and adding it to the markers.zip or the markers directory in manually specified, I get the following just fine.

The white fringe is part of that image however, and d20pro tries hard not do any image manipulation to the background and what not.

Note, doing the same for lights does not work at the moment. We have not enabled animated gifs for the image decorations on lights.

Oh, and we're working on a migrating from the list to a resource chooser similar to the creature token chooser -- so that'll help to manage and import content without having to go to disk.

upload_2017-12-29_12-19-41.png

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Testing here shows a white border, though opening up the image that's part of the base image.. but it works alright in D20PRO.

@owlbear is chiming in and should post in a moment.

upload_2017-12-29_11-24-16.png

4. Climp

Climp New Member

It finally works did the same thing i did last night just like you guys did and this time for some reason it works ... thanks for the help really like this idea makes the game pop a lot more. it would be awesome for lights as well any thought on maybe making animated gifs usable for say spells =D.

edit*
    i did restart my computer last night did'nt do that after the update think that could be a reason for it not working?

5. nullcron

nullcron New Member

I am anxiously awaiting the integration of animated gifs for monsters. It will take this software to the next level.
    Animated objects on the game board will be easier to see.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

We'll get there fairly soon, I'm pretty excited about that aspect as well.