1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

My players can't use space to end turn

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by elyssaria, Sep 4, 2012.

1. elyssaria

elyssaria New Member

Greetings,

My players can't use space (or any of the 4 top buttons like delay, ready etc) when they are in player mode. Which makes me to push space when they say they are done. I really would like if they had the option themselves.

Also an edit character function on their own character are needed. Their biggest gripe as they feel atm is the limitation that the players are having regarding their own character.

Another thing I would like to see incorporated is the possibility to Link and att with a special ability along with a condition. For example I have a player with punishing kick ability. This is depending on a normal hit with his normal weapon first and if that attack is successful then it performs the punishing kick. Today we have to make a manual attack first to see if we hit. If it hits then we apply the special ability effects and if fortitude save is failed then the punishing kick works and the target will be prone (as he prefers that). However if his first normal misses then I still need to perform the punishing kick special ability and just target nothing to get the effect going so it updates it to the correct amount of uses per day left. If I could link the main attack with the special ability in both was and then have a condition for the secondary effect to go off (ie on hit do perform seconday effect = punishing kick).

Same goes the other way... so we can link a special ability to regular attack conditions. Ie my sorcerer casts Elemental ray which is a ranged touch attack... problem now is that I cannot make a special ability to perform a normal attack roll vs ranged touch ac.

Damn too tired to explain better... but I think you know what I mean anyway..

Sorry for the spelling!

/Ely

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Sometimes this is a connection issue. Next time this happens, have one person close d20Pro and reconnect, then try again. See if this helps.

This may be addressed in a future release. It's really not a "bug."

These aren't really "bugs" either. Though, this is already on our list of features to be supported in a future release.

3. elyssaria

elyssaria New Member

Thanks for the headsup!

Yea I know some of them are not really bugs... they just popped out of the head when typing the initial problem, but I do appreciate that you addressed them since things looks alot better in the future then ;)

/Ely

4. elyssaria

elyssaria New Member

We still had this problem today and the players tried to reconnect and still they had the same problem.. Can this be java related? Since they mentioned that they had the latest java release and recieved a warning when starting d20pro. However they need the latest version due to requirement of other programs?

If so then I might have rough times since I installed it before this play session but it won't take effect until I have rebooted the machine (which I still have not done yet)

/Ely

5. ChrisRevocateur

I have the latest version of Java myself. From what I understand the only issue is the d20Pro splash screen that doesn't go away, and have never had an issue with being unable to end a turn.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

you can have the latest Java installed as well as Java 6.33 at the same time.. you just have to make sure you point d20pro to the jave version 6...
    a'la in the d20pro shortcut use;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx1280m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -DBypassJavaVersionCheck=true -jar d20Pro.dat

tho you might need to adjust the ram usage above to suit your system: -Xmx1024m

7. elyssaria

elyssaria New Member

Problem has been indentified...

I had the problem cause the players wanted all their tokens to be publically owned and then it doesn't work to end their turn. If the tokens are assigned to each player then it works. This problem is also solved in 3.3 beta.

Thanks to edwardcd for logging into my server to identify the problem.

/Ely

8. ogexam

ogexam Member

this has been fixed in the next release