1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Need some overall help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrillba, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

Ok, I have been using d20 for a while, and I LOVE IT, we have only been using it as a table top however. Which means we were using fog of war and that was about it. Most of my people were at the same location, so we would just move on d20 and roll with our real dice. We have one person that was remoting in and we would use google chat so everyone could talk.

We are about to step it up a notch. We are going to start playing once a week instead of once a month and everyone is going to be playing remotely. I have set up my attacks and all of that, fog of war is good to go. My questions are as follows.

1. We are using hamachi to connect, I have a new machine that will stay connected for a little bit, lose connection, regain connection, lose it again about another minute later and then drop. It has done this consistently 5 times. Any ideas?
    2. Chat feature - is there a way to private message someone? I read about tells but I don't really understand how that works. I subscribed to a new window and only selected tell, but everything I type goes in the all menu. Please tell me what I am missing.
    3. I have had to break up the maps and this makes for a lot of maps on the left hand side in the list. As a side effect the options and things are way down and I cannot get to them. is there a way to scroll to these. I know there are keyboard commands, but I am a clicker.

These are all of the things I can think of right now, I will add some more if anything comes up.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Entola

Entola Member

1. All My games are remote and we don't use Hamachi. I just port forward 10101 to my computer and people connect directly to it.
    2. We use Skype for our chatting, you can do a private message in Skype directly to people in your contact list. In Game, type '/tell <username>' to send a private message. GM will see every tell no matter who is sending a message to whom.
    3. Hmm. I 'd have to get back to you on that. I haven't had this issue. You could always close all the maps you aren't actually using and just open them as needed. I only have the maps I'm actually going to be using on the list to left and all my over maps are saved safely in the library.

3. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I cannot just forward my ports. I live in the boonies so I have to use verizon for my internet. I use my phone because it is still unlimited. Because it is a phone the ip addresses are protected and no one can just connect into my ip. That is why I have to use hamachi.

Someone on these forums told me about them and I love it. It has allowed me to continue my gaming.

4. Entola

Entola Member

Hmm, if you can't port forward, then perhaps the issue is your ISP is dropping you. You could try this (NOTE: THIS TIP OPENS YOUR COMPUTER UP TO THE INTERNET AND SHOULD BE USED WITH CAUTION) forward port 80(Internet Port) or port 25(Email Port) or another standard port and set your game to run on port 80. Just make sure to turn this off when you're done playing, you don't want to leave that open to the internet.

5. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

i am asking because I believe it to be a connection or a pc setting. There is another machine that is working properly with no issues.