1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

New handout doesn't open first

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Lonewolf147, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

When I send a new handout to my players, it doesn't display that tab. It just opens the handout window for the players, then they have to sort through all the tabs and look for the latest handout. Problem is, if they don't know the name of what I just sent, they won't be sure they are looking at the right one.

It would be better if when a new handout is sent, that it becomes the first displayed handout when that window opens, or, switches to the new tab if it is already open.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Right, it currently just adds it to the accessible handouts each player has access to. Perhaps a better way (feature request) is for there to be a "focus" for which handout the GM wants each Player to be visible. As this behavior isn't a bug. Though, if Players have access to lots of handouts, it would prove quite useful for a "Focus" (specific) Handout button.

3. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

Yes! That is a much better way to do it IMO.

4. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

3.5.7/OSX: How to force display of specific handout?

Hi all,

is there a way of immediately forcing the display of a specific handout on the clients, instead of making it just accessible in the player's handout library? Basically, something like F3 for maps, but for handouts (which would open the handouts window, displaying the specific tab selected by the GM)

It would allow for much better dramatic pacing than having the players hunt through a dozen open tabs, searching for the one that was actually newly added by the GM.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: 3.5.7/OSX: How to force display of specific handout?

The best way to do that now is to revoke the handout, so no players have access. Then allow the players access again and "Push". The handout you just gave access to is the last tab (to the right) in the Handout Window.

Though, I completely agree that that would be a great feature, and I've mentioned it before... a "Focus" handout button that anyone with access to that selected handout will see that handout prominently in their Handouts Window upon the GM pressing "Focus". This is a great feature suggestion.

6. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

Regarding the handout window, how can a player (or Judge) open the handout window up again once they close it? Currently, if you close the window (on purpose, or accidentally), you have to wait for the GM to push a new handout for the window to open again. Am I missing something?

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Use the "Push" button and all player's with permissions of any and all handouts will be pushed to them again. This will push out ALL handouts they have access to on the shared list.