1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No HD options for classes from APG [PF]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Ursus_minor, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Hey
    Somehow when creating creatures, options for adding HD using APG classes (witch, oracle, alchemist etc.) and other sources beyond PF:Core rulebook disappeared in a few latest edition of d20pro.

I think I'm choosing rules option of the campaign correctly but I don't see them in the class/type list in creature creation. I'm quite sure that there used to be there in previous versions.

Is there something I'm missing?

2. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I believe those are done as variants.

upload_2019-1-21_18-54-3.png

Like the example here of the Draconic Bloodline.. Clicking in that space next to the root class will show the variants list to you.

3. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Sorry, but those classes (oracle, alchemist, witch etc..) are not variants of any other class but classes on their own from Advance Player Guide and further books. I'm pretty sure they used to be implemented.

4. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

ahh, I am pretty sure (could be wrong) the Template was paired down to the Core Book in preparation for the release of the Pathfinder Core Book and Pathfinder Monster Manual.

You can still just add the class into the class library if you require it.
    You can import a copy of it from an older version if you have that as well.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

@Ursus_minor I'm not 100% sure those were in there or if they were, they might have been wrong. In any event, if you have a classes.txt from a previous edition with those classes, or from the forum, you can just drop that into your campaigns Manually Specified folder.

When you launch the application it will give you the option to import the classes from the file. The import will also create empty entries for any class spells not already present in the application. It should also create the class features/traits for the classes as well. These created bits will not contain the context text, but should allow you to use these class features and spells with the class without incident, they'll just be inert.

I've attached a pathfinder classes.txt from version 3.6.11 for you to pull from. I also updated the spellcaster template for the newer single _prepared type so this should work to import the stuff you were using before. When the full PF stuff launches after this next release, you can just merge the content that this import will generate.

Attached Files:

6. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Thanks, I'll try it out!