1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Not Saving

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Dragonmaster13, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dragonmaster13

Ok, I have updated to version 3.3, I have updated the characters that leveled, ran the game last night (Sunday). During all of this the program was running. Finished the game after killing a lot of monsters, revealing what was under the fog of war. Then closed the program. When I opened it up this morning all the characters were back in the same positions as when I first started the program after the update. All the leveling, updating pictures, kill monsters and removing fog of war was like it never happened. But when I look at the game log it is all there. I am running Windows 8 on a 64 bit system with the latest Java (not 7, just before it).

Even the updated characters in the library are back to the beginning.

2. Dragonmaster13

Ok, a few more observations.

Created a raw map grid, Named it Limbo Map. Save it. Put the characters on it and closed all 4 of the other maps. Close and restarted the program. Empty Limbo Map was in the map library and the 4 maps I had closed were reopened with the characters back on them. Also noted that when closing the program no matter which button I choose on the confirmation dialog (Ok, Cancel) the program closes. Clicking the X in the corner of the dialog box does nothing.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This could be a UAC issue, try running d20Pro as Admin.

If that doesn't work, I'd like to find out what is causing the issue. Please download the following error-logger for d20Pro (log4j.prp). Unzip, then place in the following directory: /d20Pro/res/
    Restart d20Pro, then make some map changes, close, then reopen to see if changes are made.
    Download Error/Warning Logger for d20Pro

Next, please email: contact @ d20Pro . com with the d20.log file, available from the following directory: /d20Pro/

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Dragonmaster13,

I deeply apologize for introducing this bug. It's a side effect of the Extension system going in last minute. Argh!

Please grab v3.3.1 that contains the fix.

5. Dragonmaster13

Thank you very much!

6. Dragonmaster13

The update worked great and everything is saving now. The exit dialog box though is not. Click either Ok or Cancel and the program will exit.

7. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Dragonmaster13,

Thank-you good sir for noticing this and bringing it to our attention! This bug wasn't directly attributable to the Extension changes though still nasty and glad it was caught before the full release.

This will be fixed in v3.3.2 which will be released shortly.