1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

One Roll Engine

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by phloog, Jul 5, 2010.

1. phloog

phloog Member

I would rather not buy yet another VTT, so I'm wondering.

I am starting a game of Reign, which uses the ORE system. I don't really need to have d20Pro run rolls and such, as my game is run F2F.

Is there any way of building custom fields for things...what I WOULD like to track is the damage - that's the main issue. ORE has hit points per area of the body (Head, Torso, R and L Arm, R and L Leg) for most creatures. I've toyed with the idea of just using the six stats as counters (Strength = Head, Etc.), but wondering if there's a more graceful way).

Danke,
    JT

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

The only other way I can think of to track hit points in different locations woudl be to use multiple creatures. Once for the head, one for the right arm ect. Can even use pics of the body parts for the different locations. Though now one PC is many creatures taht need to be moved, you can highlight and drag them all at the same time but makes moving in initiative problimatic.

I like the idea of using the stats as teh hit locations, and apply effects that damage the areas.

3. phloog

phloog Member

The only other thing I toyed with was creating ITEMS for each location, and putting a count reflecting the hits there...would have worked great if there was a spinner on the item quantities, but as is for any of these I'd need to click and type.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

Ok I am trying to think of ways to have the multiple locations with hitpoints.

Maybe use abilities set to hitpoitns per day. For instance head has 8 points woudl be a 8/day ability called Head
    Then you can just use the ability do not apply it to anybody just click the ok buttons and now it is down to 7/day
    To heal them the DM can go in a edit the current number of daily uses.
    To heal up over night you could rest the creature and all the locations would go back to their max.

The player can also then do damage to themselves and the DM just approves the 'effect'

5. Dan

Dan Member

We would need a way to consume multiple charges per use for that to be feasible. I think using separate creatures is the way to go, imho. Give them to the PC, make them invisible so other PCs don't see them, and place them on the edge of the map.

6. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

A couple of 4e monsters have the ability to appear multiple times in the initiative list. (A particularly ugly ettin comes to mind). Whenever I need provide multiple iniatives for a creature, I duplicate the monster and then hide a copy.

While this use, is different, than what you are discussing - it is similar in function. IE have multiple monsters represent one creature, hide the spares, keep the spares out of the way ...

7. Lowendz113

Lowendz113 New Member

So I realize I'm quoting on a year old post, so this is probably irrelevant now, but:

If you used ogexam's idea of multiple creatures, you wouldn't necessarily have to move them all around on the board. I might be more work than it's worth, but you could make the 6 body parts as creatures, and then just leave them on the map someplace. You would then just use one creature to represent the actual character. This way you preserve the hit locals without bogging down the speed of movement or cluttering the active map area.