1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Orisons

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Daeruin, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

How do all you Pathfinder players handle Orisons? All those 0-level spells that can be cast an unlimited number of times per day. I have just been winging it so far and basically handling them manually. If I want to keep track of them in the Spells tab of the characters, how would I do that? I tried adding them in the Freeform area, but I can't seem to actually use them. Nothing happens when I double click to use the spell.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Abilities Tab
    1/1 at will
    "Spell(0): spell name"
    update effect as spell indicates.

Stuff like Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light, etc I just have my players communicate that to me.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

For those classes that have to prepare the spells ahead of time, how do you keep track of which spells they've chosen each day? Especially the orisons.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I trust my players don't cheat. :roll: lol

However, if you want, you can have them change their 0th level spells in the spell list (by them telling the GM, and GM entering it in - then after rest it'll reflect), then have them activate the spell using the spells feature - then just don't approve it (so they can use it again later).

5. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

That's what I've been doing as well! I was just wondering if there was something obvious I was overlooking. It's just too cumbersome to update them myself.

6. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I do not even handle Orisons or cantrips in game. We just basically play out what they do as most have no significant effect ingame. The only ones I have a ingame ability for and that is the 0 level ray spells and i make a attack for them.

7. unsaved

unsaved Member

Spell prep is a basic character detail that d20Pro should track IMO. As GM I want to be able to quickly see what the characters have available. One use case in particular is to help new players. Shouldn't have to ask and shouldn't have to track details like this separately-- that's why I am going to be paying for d20Pro. Needs a "prepared" column with a count, with GM reset function like for abilities.

UPDATE: I see in the User Guide that both the Spell Editors for both Wizards and Clerics, at least, have a Spells Memorized tab that is exactly what is asked about here.