1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Officially supported?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, Apr 30, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Hello, im really interested in getting a VTT and have been looking at d20pro and Fantasygrounds2, ive been messing around with the free trial and it looks pretty cool, although some kind of official manual or something that was really clear would be nice i have figured enough of it out to play around with it and could run a game with my buddies. My question is to the developers/programmers is, is pathfinder official supported as in are you going to be doing updates and whatnot with the pathfinder ruleset or is your main focus 4E. Im not going to be really interested if Pathfinder/3.5 type stuff is going to be left behind.

Thanks Bigkilla

2. Remaker

Remaker Member

We're playing Pathfinder as well. D20Pro wasn't written with Pathfinder specifically in mind, but it is generic and flexible enough that it handles it pretty well. There are text files somewhere on this website that will teach your copy of D20Pro the new skills, spells, and feats for Pathfinder. The biggest issue is that it doesn't know the rules for combat maneuvers. It isn't hard to resolve these by hand, but it is certainly near the top of my wanted features list.

The developers have said several times on these boards that they intend to offer increasing support for Pathfinder as time goes by. Even so, we haven't had any serious issues running Pathfinder.

3. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Today Herolab added the bestiary foe pathfinder so you could import them from pathfinder to d20pro now as well and have the bestiary availible.

4. Dan

Dan Member

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member