1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder saves Bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by KainPen, Aug 27, 2016.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Hi guy, Just updated to 3.6.8 for some saves are off, now. I went to manual adjust them and looks like they are pulling them class txt file now which is great, but this causes a problem. With Creature like undead that use a different mod in for a save. which use CHA instead of CON, for fort saves. If i try to manual set the base save it just add to the base save, instead of over writing it. I am not sure if it supposed to allow over writing or not, to me seems like that what it is supposed to do.

Another strange bug with the Good and poor saves with monsters in pathfinder. Classes are working fine, but the monsters are not. I figured out the cause in the Class.txt the monster/classes for their good saves are listed with a , if they have more then 1 good save. So all creatures with more then 1 good save are being defaulted to poor saves, across the board. But if you adjust them and change the , to | like the PC classes are it fixes this problem.

One more If I add and 2nd class with 0 levels say to use for identification reasons, Say I want to identity a Vampire Chimera . It class is Magical Beast x levels, but it is augmented by vampire to undead, but being undead does not add to saves or anything else. So I added undead or dragon as 2nd class but give it 0 levels, it still add a bonus to BAB and what ever good saves are for that 2nd class.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah that is what I thought as well, I am sure T (owlbear) will set us straight.

All of the classes.txt files will have to be rewritten to account for the new changes. Thanks for catching the typo in monster types.

did you just say Vampire Chimera? .. that's just wrong :)

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, these are clearly coming in wrong. There's some other issues worth noting at this point as well regarding calculated vs. "set" values. So we'll have to fix them.

I've got some sound ideas on how to solve these problems through extension of the Classes.txt file to handle templates, but in the meantime, the saves in the Bestiary might not always be correct...

We have another release schedule for next week. I should have these problems solved before then.

Thanks for calling this to our attention!